Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
To Include or Not to Include
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 1:46 am    Sujet du message: To Include or Not to Include Répondre en citant
Hello. So our group is just getting our feet wet into ADLG. One thing we found drastically different than DBM was the option to not include your general in a unit. I was curious as to what everyone's opinions were on this. For our first game we included all generals for ease of game flow and learning, however I am intrigued by possibly not having my general in a unit and free floating. On the other hand, a +1 in combat is pretty nifty as well!

What are your all's thoughts? Do you typically include the general or no? What circumstances/lists would you want to include the general and wouldn't want to include the general?

Thanks!

Stanton
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 7:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Some advices :
include general if you really need it. When you have expensive troops and you have to save points.
Be sure that you will have enough command points for your corps as your general will be automatically engaged in combat. That mean homogenous corps ( all cav or all inf). Avoid un-manoeuvrable units.
Always Include generals in elite troops. Armour is a nice to have.
You may included up to competent generals, never above, they become targets for ennemy due to their cohesion point value. (Ex: 5 CP for an included brillant gen)
Example :
Hun army (110) in 200pts you may have 1 corps with Attila (strat) and 2 corps commanded by 2 ordinary gens included in nobles huns HC bow elite. As they command only medium (elite) bow and light (elite)bow cavalry, and they are supposed to harrass the ennemy on shooting instead of charging, it is enough.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 1:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
To echo what Commodore says, included generals are much less flexible than separate generals. They cannot move to where they are needed, and when fighting they incur an additional 1CP cost to all commands which severely hampers controlling their corps (unless the rest of the corps is already engaged).

I suggest using separate generals until you become familiar with the nuances and subtle differences from rules that you may have used in the past.

Commodore also makes good recommendations as to when you might consider including a general, and for not including the better generals, which are needed for corps comprising different mixes of groups)l or greater flexibility.
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 4:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Great stuff thanks guys! I'll have to give my next game I play a try with the generals not included and see how it goes.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: