Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Do flanked spearmen still cancel Cav impact?
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Viking709
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 19, 2017 3:33 am    Sujet du message: Do flanked spearmen still cancel Cav impact? Répondre en citant
Had this come up today and although we thought we got it right, we could not find the rule
Spear unit is charged by hvy Cav impact frontally and on the flank. The spearmen drop a cohesion and basic factor drops to a zero. Enters combat at a -1. The hvy Cav is a zero against hvy foot and get a +1 for support of flanking unit but thought they would not get impact as they were still fighting spear frontally
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 19, 2017 8:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The cavalry keep its impact as a flank or rear contact unit does not cancel any more any capabilities (p57 1st para, 4th bullet )
odds are , spearmen -1, cavalry 0+1(impact)+1flank support net +3 for cavalry with furious charge
footslogger
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 20, 2017 5:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:
The cavalry keep its impact as a flank or rear contact unit does not cancel any more any capabilities (p57 1st para, 4th bullet )
odds are , spearmen -1, cavalry 0+1(impact)+1flank support net +3 for cavalry with furious charge

p57 4th bullet is about armour and heavy armour

The 3rd bullet says that a unit cannot cancel the abilities of units that are on its flank or rear. So I would say the cavalry attack at a 1 (0+1 for flank support). The impact of the cav is still cancelled.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 20, 2017 9:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Note that cavalry get an extra +1 when attacking HI in the flank/rear.
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 1:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I would have thought otherwise, but it looks like the spear unit still cancels the impact of frontal mounted despite being hit in the flank as well.I have checked the 2016 addenda for this. So it looks like the numbers are as follows:
Heavy Spear Base 0 (having a unit on the flank) -1 disordered for a total of -1
Heavy Cavalry +0 vs Heavy Infantry, + 1 support, for a total of +1 with furious charge
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 7:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
PHGamer a écrit:
I would have thought otherwise, but it looks like the spear unit still cancels the impact of frontal mounted despite being hit in the flank as well.I have checked the 2016 addenda for this. So it looks like the numbers are as follows:
Heavy Cavalry +0 vs Heavy Infantry, + 1 support, for a total of +1 with furious charge

I confirm that the impact cavalry is no more cancelled by the spearmen, due to the flank contact. The spearmen loose their impact against charging cavalry and no more cancel the enemy impact. (p 57 3rd bullet)
We are now considering :
one heavy spearmen unit hit it the same phase on its front and on its flank by 2 impact HC so :
- the spearmen loose 1 cohesion point when the second impact occurred
- in the following combat phase, numbers are :
- spearmen 0 (hit on the flank) -1 (cohesion loss) Total = -1
- cavalry 0 (against HI) +1 (impact)+1 (support) Total = +2 with furious charge

So a net +3 with furious charge for the cavalry against an already shaken unit, there will be no surprise on final result.. Sad Sad
footslogger
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 9:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:
PHGamer a écrit:

I confirm that the impact cavalry is no more cancelled by the spearmen, due to the flank contact. The spearmen loose their impact against charging cavalry and no more cancel the enemy impact. (p 57 3rd bullet)
We are now considering :
one heavy spearmen unit hit it the same phase on its front and on its flank by 2 impact HC so :
- the spearmen loose 1 cohesion point when the second impact occurred
- in the following combat phase, numbers are :
- spearmen 0 (hit on the flank) -1 (cohesion loss) Total = -1
- cavalry 0 (against HI) +1 (impact)+1 (support) Total = +2 with furious charge

So a net +3 with furious charge for the cavalry against an already shaken unit, there will be no surprise on final result.. Sad Sad

p57 bullet 3 does not say that the impact of the cavalry on the front is cancelled, at least in the English edition. That only applies against cav attacking a flank or rear.

I don't see anything in the FAQ to modify this.
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 12:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"p57 bullet 3 does not say that the impact of the cavalry on the front is cancelled, at least in the English edition. That only applies against cav attacking a flank or rear. "

I agree here. Just so we are working from the same script, page 57 bullet 3, the English edition reads (italics mine), "The unit cannot cancel the abilities of enemies that are in melee against its flanks or its rear (e.g. troops with impact cancelling the javelin ability or spearmen cancelling the impact ability of mounted units)

This does not say anything about cancelling the abilities of enemies to its front.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 1:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
PHGamer a écrit:
"p57 bullet 3 does not say that the impact of the cavalry on the front is cancelled, at least in the English edition. That only applies against cav attacking a flank or rear. "

I agree here. Just so we are working from the same script, page 57 bullet 3, the English edition reads (italics mine), "The unit cannot cancel the abilities of enemies that are in melee against its flanks or its rear (e.g. troops with impact cancelling the javelin ability or spearmen cancelling the impact ability of mounted units)

This does not say anything about cancelling the abilities of enemies to its front.

I used onley the French rulebook so I will send the question in the French forum to the DT.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 4:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well, in fact a SPEARMEN fighting on flank or rear don't cancel CV impact anymore.
But, if the CV is contacted by front and rear (or flank) the main ennemy (unité principale P50 french rulebook, I can't translate Embarassed ) is the unit contacting his front. So, as the spear is fighting on his own front, he cancels CV impact.
SO
SP contacted by front and rear= basic facteur drop to 0 and 1disorder, so -1 for HIM.
CV fighting on front with one overlap, base factor 0, no impact but +1 for overlap.
So +2 for CV, furious charge applies.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 4:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Une binouse a qui traduit ma devise en anglais! Very Happy
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 6:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Lionel's reading.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 7:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
I agree with Lionel's reading.

SO do I
footslogger
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 10:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Well, in fact a SPEARMEN fighting on flank or rear don't cancel CV impact anymore.
But, if the CV is contacted by front and rear (or flank) the main ennemy (unité principale P50 french rulebook, I can't translate Embarassed ) is the unit contacting his front. So, as the spear is fighting on his own front, he cancels CV impact.
SO
SP contacted by front and rear= basic facteur drop to 0 and 1disorder, so -1 for HIM.
CV fighting on front with one overlap, base factor 0, no impact but +1 for overlap.

I think by this you mean a *net* +2 for the cav (his final factor is +1 and the spear's final factor is -1).
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 10:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
footslogger a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:
SO

I think by this you mean a *net* +2 for the cav (his final factor is +1 and the spear's final factor is -1).

thanks to Lionel we have the good version, i apologized i probably relied on old versions mecanisms. Embarassed Embarassed i am another victim of a very common error: "don't assume, check ! "

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: