Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Tactics Help
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
Bulldog85
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 08, 2017 2:12 pm    Sujet du message: Tactics Help Répondre en citant
Hello All,

very new to the system - only a couple of games under my belt. I'm starting to fell like I'm fighting the battle & not the rules, but the synergy between the different units is still a mystery. Any advice on "you want to do this", or "never do that"? Thanks.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 08, 2017 2:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Try to think as in real life: something that a real troop will never do is generaly something you do'nt want to do in the game.

Each troop as some nemesis and some preys. They are logical, but study the sheet of combat factors to get used of the odds.

In general, attacking from behind, with numerical superiority, is a good thing...but your opponent is trying to do the same to you!
it's always a good thing to desorganize the opponent with shooters before closing in with the melee troops.

The core concept is the progressive desorganisation of the units: with 2 cohesion points, the LI and LH are frails, but they can evade and will fight with "shoot and run to shoot again later" tactics, harassing heavier troops. The HI (and MI or mounted to a lesser extant) will take time to rout: prepare to a long battle with many rally rolls if two lines of HI contact. but when a gap is created, some troops will be flank attacked and the line will collapse quickly.

Do you have a favorite tactic, or a beloved army or period? Then play them. My first battles were a mess, but that's fun and you will progress and become more crafty.

And good luck ! for the best way to win is rolling 6 when your opponent rolls 1!
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 09, 2017 9:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
What is helping me a lot is to give the corpses a certain task if possible more than one so i can decide which one to fullfill as a matter of the situation.

Lets say a flanking corps is better if its fast, so cavalry is a good choice. Having superior numbers seems to be good choice. If you go with HI and Cav avoid laying big and many difficult ground, choose small and less ground. And so on....
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 09, 2017 3:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In the early stages I have seen a lot of people do this:
1 Corps Heavy go straight at enemy
2 Corps Mounted support going straight at enemy but trying to go to open flank
3 Corps includes rough going troops attack along side Heavy Corps.

Here are a few pieces of advice:
1) Work on getting the entire army into battle in about the same turn. There is a chance you an overwhelm a lot of foes who haven't timed it as well.
2) Don't deploy Corps battle troops more than 2 UD apart until you really understand maneuvering.
3) Try for a coastal area and use that for a secure flank.
4) In an area where you are outclassed don't start the fight sooner as that accelerates your loss. Resist the its going to happen sooner or later urge, if its likely going south, then later is better.
5) Never plan to have your Corps needing to do 3 things, unless you have a Brilliant general. And even then 3 is stretching it.
Bulldog85
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 10, 2017 6:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sound advice - thanks guys.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: