Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Most disliked Troop type
Page 1 sur 3 Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 16, 2016 9:35 pm    Sujet du message: Most disliked Troop type Répondre en citant
Just to liven things up . What is you most disliked Troop type and why .
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 16, 2016 9:37 pm    Sujet du message: troop type Répondre en citant
For me its Heavy spearmen , Its the most common troop type in history and I just don't feel like they do anything well . which is probably my fault LOL
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 17, 2016 9:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Medium cavalry mediocre. They are just able to prevent a flank attack in second line with their ZOC, out of range of everyone has something bigger than a biscuit to throw and only able to kill light infantry in open or give an overlap

Dernière édition par Commodore le Sam Déc 17, 2016 7:39 pm; édité 1 fois
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 17, 2016 4:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very Happy That is so funny Good pick still laughing
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 9:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The obvious choice is LMI Javelinmen, which no-one seems to take unless their arms are twisted (severely).
HI spear take time to die and can scare off mounted even when they are mediocre, while mediocre medium cavalry are great at running away from biscuit armed enemy (pulling them into cheesy traps) and threatening enemy camps. Very Happy
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 12:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well, Ramses...what is your plan for the med cav is my plan with the LMI Jav when I go with my Spanish. Better fighter then LI but still can evade. Thats why I play the LMI Jav at least some times.

My choice is light cannon. Good for nothing than dying. And of course give the enemy 2 easy victorypoints.
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
chris6 a écrit:
Well, Ramses...what is your plan for the med cav is my plan with the LMI Jav when I go with my Spanish. Better fighter then LI but still can evade. Thats why I play the LMI Jav at least some times.

My choice is light cannon. Good for nothing than dying. And of course give the enemy 2 easy victorypoints.

Except if you use it to defend, on a hill with a field, with field fortification and 2 bowmen mediocre on each side. This is a 22 pts value defense very hard to destroy and able to shoot at +2 against any target within 4 UD.
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 4:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Still...a lot of if`s.....to make the light cannon valuable.
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 4:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Medium Infantry... no impact, no elite, no bow, nothing!
Can't shoot.
No factor against Kn.
Can't negate impact of mounted.
So ... medium!
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 8:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
These are great .
martymagnificent
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 18, 2016 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't mind the straight medium infantry if they are a small part of the army (they can then have a limited terrain role). Its when your army is built around them that you have a problem. Armies like Inca, for example, are real stinkers.

On a side issue, ADLG really got my hopes up when I read the design notes and saw the claim that all troops that carried missile weapons are able to use them in the game. I was a little disappointed when I saw the Inca list and realised this claim is simply not true.

Martin
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 20, 2016 12:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
May be you have to be on a mountain top in the jungle for them to work (LOL) perhaps they should be a different troop type .I was surprised to find the community here not making list developments updating making a case for etc etc .
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 24, 2016 5:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think it's a good thing. I won't imagine every body claim for impact, 2HA, armor or anything else for his favorite troop cause during a unknow battle they had may be or perhaps etc. Nighmare Evil or Very Mad
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 25, 2016 8:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well its seems some of those lists already exist. I don't find the list that much changed from WRG 1981 lists or FOG .Same old army Favorites . (list wise that is not rules wise) I thought it would be better to have people develop he lists based on research . You have many thousands of people playing and they all have their favorites I am sure .Most people I believe are level headed and the changes would go in for a group approval/ vote that kinda thing . So no Aztec's with Gatlin guns and tiger tanks
Very Happy
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 26, 2016 10:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Interesting question..

Clearly these lists have been build on the DBM lists, as that was the default set back when the first edition of ADLG came out but as of today it's worth bearing in mind that even though this may be V3 of the rules, it is also the first time they have appeared in English.

It "may" be therefore that much of the list development work over the past 8 years has happened in the Anglophone world, and so would have not been as visible to the largely Francophone world of ADLG over the time.

Maybe with many more English-speaking players now (some of whom have been involved in developing updated lists for other sets over the last 8 years) the next iteration of ADLG might end up with more up to date lists ?

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 3 Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: