Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Cavalry tactics question
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2016 4:23 pm    Sujet du message: Cavalry tactics question Répondre en citant
I am running a command of 6 cavalry units. 2 LH, 2KN and 2 HC. Lining up the command, is it better to be in a line like this:
LH-HC-KN-KN-HC-LH

or
KN-KN-HC-HC-LH-LH?

This could be LH-LH-HC-HC-KN-KN depending on the flank it is on.

The first choice seems to offer better "chase" options if running down LH. The second seems to be more combat worthy, and will not fragment as much into different groups because of movement.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2016 5:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
How about?

LH-HC-KN-KN-HC-LH
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2016 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
How about

KN KN
HC HC
LC LC

(facing the bottom of the page)
Which allows the player to choose which side to deploy the HC and KN pairs depending upon what they are facing, while screening them from enemy bow fire . . . . .
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
AntiokosIII
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2016 6:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Personally, I often use the formation the OP shows as his second alternative, grouping the units by type with the faster lighter units more towards the flank. It gives one the option to pursue more swiftly with the faster types and keeps the Knights closer to the center, from whence trouble is likely to arrive.
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2016 8:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II makes a suggestion that I find very good - very good. But it seems to me that one must keep it somewhat distant from its opponent until after it turns and deploys. If the LC gets hit on the head by hc with impact it seems that the column could be in trouble. What am I missing?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Arthur
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 10, 2016 11:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hey, First one sorry for my english i'm french player. With my little experience of the mixte of KN and HC in the medieval army ( Hungarian, Polish and Condottieri ), the position depend of the HC ( Impact, Bow, Classique). With bow on the flank, same with classic HC with impact they can join in the line the knights. And for the LH the best are on front of your battle line. Because you deploy the LH 2 UD more than the other. You could limit the mouvement of your ennemi or make the pression.
After that depend what you have in front of your group Smile
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 10, 2016 5:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Arthur. Sounds good.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 10, 2016 10:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Arthur that you need to keep the LC in front of the other horse.

Personally I prefer deploying the HC behind the Kn because you can use 2CP (one for each group) to bring them into line with the KN 3UD ahead of their starting point allowing you to decide which side you want the HC. How you proceed depends on your intended strategy and the distance to the enemy.

However I recommend keeping the LC grouped in front of the Kn, both because it is cheaper to move the single group, the LC screen the Kn from enemy bow, and they can interpenetrate the Kn when necessary.

PS.
I made a slight error with the initial diag. It should be (facing down the page)

HC HC
Kn Kn
LC LC

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: