Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Biggest Battle in England?
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm    Sujet du message: Biggest Battle in England? Répondre en citant
On Monday (the day after St Crispin Crispian's) the Central London club refought Agincourt, in what I think might be the biggest ADLG game yet held over here?

There were eight of us - 4 French , 3 Eng, me umpiring. And 137 elements.

We introduced a couple of scenario-specific rules to reflect each side's command and control problems on the day. The main field turned from rough to difficult as the mud got trampled and men fell. Also, movement in the forest was made harder to offset the wargamer's tendency to reach for the flanks. But, beyond that, the rules as written gave a good and plausible view of the battle.

Three of the players were entirely new to ADLG and I was impressed by the speed with which they picked things up: one of them was our top scorer.

I think big battles like this might be a good way of encouraging people to give ADLG a go. They have friends onside to help if they get stuck; and history gives a steer as to what to do.

Alan
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: