Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Impetuous units conforming after a melee
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 07, 2015 12:00 pm    Sujet du message: Impetuous units conforming after a melee Répondre en citant
When does "conforming after a melee" take place, does it happen immediately after the relevant combat or at the end of the turn after all combat has finished?

Is an Impetuous unit (that has destroyed an enemy unit to its front) forced to conform into a position that causes it to fight at disadvantage? Eg-
  • Where conforming causes the unit to move into terrain that places it at a disadvantage?
  • Where conforming causes the unit to move, placing its flank into contact with a second enemy?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 8:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The FAQ reads:
 Just after a melee if a unit routs an opponent on its front and there is another opponent whose front is in contact with the unit’s flank or rear (as per p54). The conformation then replaces the pursuit.

Since pursuits are performed after all melee's have been fought. p62. I believe at the end of all the combats have been finished.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 8:44 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Impetuous units conforming after a melee Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

Is an Impetuous unit (that has destroyed an enemy unit to its front) forced to conform into a position that causes it to fight at disadvantage? Eg-
  • Where conforming causes the unit to move into terrain that places it at a disadvantage?
  • Where conforming causes the unit to move, placing its flank into contact with a second enemy?

Again page 62.
2nd bullet.
Impetuous units do not have to pursue if they enter terrain that would penalize them.

There is nothing I see that prevents an impetuous unit from conforming into a position where its flank is in contact with a 2nd enemy.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Hazelbark. I agree that 2nd bullet point avoids Impetuous troops pursuing into disadvantageous terrain. However I was asking about Conforming, which does not seem to have similar restrictions.

I am slightly puzzled that these bullet points are not also applied to Conforming after a melee. So, Impetuous troops may find themselves required to Conform into a disadvantageous position eg against an Elephant, or into disadvantageous terrain.

That said, it seems that Impetuous troops are expected to Pursue enemy (if they are controlled by the phasing player) even where that puts them into a position where they are flanked by enemy.

Using the 2nd diagram p4. in the FAQ, is the following correct?
If the Knights pursue forward (eliminating the LI), in the opponents turn unit B gets a free conforming move to attack the knight's flank. If the Knights survive, they get a free move turning to face B, thus ceasing to support their friends.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 29, 2015 6:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

I am slightly puzzled that these bullet points are not also applied to Conforming after a melee. So, Impetuous troops may find themselves required to Conform into a disadvantageous position eg against an Elephant, or into disadvantageous terrain.

The idea I think is, once you are in the thick of it, you don't really reflect on what you are doing. Note it may be a reaction to say the old dbm rules, where impetuous troops in the hands of an experienced player was a big advantage that they sought to avoid here.

Citation:

That said, it seems that Impetuous troops are expected to Pursue enemy (if they are controlled by the phasing player) even where that puts them into a position where they are flanked by enemy.

Yes. Note page 59 last two bullets as well.

Citation:
Using the 2nd diagram p4. in the FAQ, is the following correct?
If the Knights pursue forward (eliminating the LI), in the opponents turn unit B gets a free conforming move to attack the knight's flank. If the Knights survive, they get a free move turning to face B, thus ceasing to support their friends.

Yes on B getting free turn per p 55. Note not a fresh charge.

If the Knights survive they must turn to face their new attacker at the end of the melee phase p 54. And its support ceases.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 29, 2015 8:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Ramses II a écrit:

The idea I think is, once you are in the thick of it, you don't really reflect on what you are doing. Note it may be a reaction to say the old dbm rules, where impetuous troops in the hands of an experienced player was a big advantage that they sought to avoid here.

I understand your point about 'being in the thick of it', but am curious why the bullet points that apply to an Impetuous pursuit do not also apply to Impetuous units conforming; after all they are effectively doing the same thing.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: