Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Victorious units charging a fresh enemy
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 07, 2015 11:44 am    Sujet du message: Victorious units charging a fresh enemy Répondre en citant
During a melee, a unit is destroyed leaving a gap in front of the victorious opponent.
  • Pursuit (p62) takes place if the unit has destroyed "all its enemies". Does that definition also include enemy units in contact corner to corner as well?
  • In the English FAQ sheet, the example of "Charge and corner-corner contact" shows some knights in this position. If these are Impetuous Knights, do they have the choice between pursuing into the gap and conforming with unit "B"?
  • Why this distinction between Phasing and Non-phasing player?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 9:18 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Victorious units charging a fresh enemy Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
During a melee, a unit is destroyed leaving a gap in front of the victorious opponent.
[list][*]Pursuit (p62) takes place if the unit has destroyed "all its enemies". Does that definition also include enemy units in contact corner to corner as well? ]

No. p62 reads "all its opponents in melee"
Melee is defined on p 50. Essentially it says front edge not front corner.

Citation:
[*]In the English FAQ sheet, the example of "Charge and corner-corner contact" shows some knights in this position. If these are Impetuous Knights, do they have the choice between pursuing into the gap and conforming with unit "B"?

Now this is interesting. You mean the diagram on p4 of the FAQ?
So you are saying what if unit A was impetuous and had just routed someone to its front. (we ignore the LI then)
I would say it must advance straight per p 62. Based on the sentence that preceeds the bullets.

Citation:

[*]Why this distinction between Phasing and Non-phasing player?[/list

where?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 9:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for explaining the definition of melee as being the front edge.

Yes I do mean the 2nd diagram on P4. In it, the knights have a gap to their front and also another enemy to their right. P55 third para (conforming after a melee) says that conforming is compulsory for Impetuous units, while p62. (pursuit) also says that Impetuous units must Pursue.

Given that both are 'compulsory' my first question is whether one takes precedence over the other or whether the player can choose to conform or pursuit.

The second question was why conforming and pursuing only take place during the phasing player's turn
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 10:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think which compulsory move comes first is a good question. It is an opinion but from the wording p 62 outranks p 55.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 10:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

The second question was why conforming and pursuing only take place during the phasing player's turn

Ah. So that is mechanic to prevent the recipient of charges from having too many advantages.

If you attack me and I get lucky wins, I could then pursue in your melee phase followed by my move where I turn onto your flanks.

Currently it takes longer to get onto flanks.

So they made flank attacks very powerful, but made them harder to attain easily.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: