Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Impetuous Units
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 07, 2014 4:08 pm    Sujet du message: Impetuous Units Répondre en citant
Two Impetuous knights are in a position after I have made my controlled moves to charge an enemy light horse.

Do both knights have to make an uncontrolled charge or after one of them charges and the light horse evades does the other knight then not make a charge?

Can I choose to have them charge as a group so one does not get left behind?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 07, 2014 6:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Several solutions:
you have at leats 1 CP remaining and you can spend it to charge with both knights. The first one will contact the target and conform, the second will move to an overlap position. This is a 1 CP cost move. (group move)
You have no more CP remaining. After all normal moves you may decide to move your impetuous knights in any order. The first one move to contact as above and the second move to an overlap position. in the following combat, a -1 penalty will be applied. the knigths keep their impact and charge bonus.
You have no more CP remaining but the target is in front on the knights at 1 MU. It is a charge at 0 CP cost.
Remember that impetuous units move after all normal moves. You may provoque their target evasion so that they are no more impetuous at the end of the mouvement phase.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 07, 2014 11:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If there are two impetuous knights potentially targeting a single LH and the first knight to go impetuous causes the LH to flee out of range of the second knight, is the second knight still impetuous?
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 07, 2014 11:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No.

Gengis Khan
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 08, 2014 8:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But, as far as i understand the rules, the 2 impetous knights can charge as a group, so the evading LH do not break the group of the 2 knights?
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 08, 2014 11:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello Chris, .
after having spent all your PC, you have to move impetuaous units.
if these are a group, they have to charge in a group against the LH.
if they aren't grouped, one charges and the other must check his impetuous status due to the fleeing LH or not.

you can also have spent one PC for one of your impetuous unit, forcing the LH to flee (or not).

Gengis Khan
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 08, 2014 1:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thx for the quick response, that was exactly what i meant! Its always good to know that we do "at least" some parts right.... Laughing
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 08, 2014 2:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Certainly, not "at least".
and , I think all your questions are interesting and "refreshing".
It is always good to find the adequate rule, and not simply believe the habits of practice

Gengis Khan
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 08, 2014 3:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very Happy
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 4:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thomas a écrit:

after having spent all your PC, you have to move impetuaous units.
if these are a group, they have to charge in a group against the LH.

Where does it say a group must charge as a group when impetuous?
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 8:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Every impetuous units have to charge if it could or have to be stop (3 PC).
BUT have not to charge as a group. If you prefer each unit can charge alone.
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 1:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
belinconnux a écrit:
Every impetuous units have to charge if it could or have to be stop (3 PC).
BUT have not to charge as a group. If you prefer each unit can charge alone.

And you can choose in whatever order you execute the moves.It could be a good way to create interesting situations.
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 1:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Back with this case.

p. 40, §2, dot 3 : "if the unit or group receives no order, all impetuous unit that are within their charge range (see exceptions p 41) MUST make an uncontrolled charge."

In our case of 2 impetuous cav facing a single LH, the 2 cav must charge together, in a group. Otherwise, if you choose to charge with cav1, the fleeing LH can place itself out of charge range of the cav2. At this moment, cav2 is no more able to charge the LH. And this is in contradiction with above rule ("MUST charge").

You can find an example of this case in picture p.42. Cav A and B charge as a group the facing cav X1.

It's another solution if the charged unit can't evade. In this case, you apply the rule p.40 §2 dot 6. ( order chosen) and dot 3 (MUST charge)...
You can find an example of this case in picture p.42. Cav E and F, even if grouped, charge alone. cav D was facing another target, so apply dot 4, 1.

Practically, during a game, I choose the order of the targets, eventually grouping or not the charging units.

Gengis Khan

Dernière édition par Thomas le Mar Déc 09, 2014 10:04 pm; édité 1 fois
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 2:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sounds very good to me! Thats how I would play it too.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 09, 2014 10:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thomas a écrit:
p. 40, §2, dot 3 : "if the unit or group receives no order, all impetuous unit that are within their charge range (see exceptions p 41) MUST make an uncontrolled charge."

I can see how you draw that conclusion. But I think a FAQ author ruling would be helpful. As I could draw the opposite conclusion based on bullet 6 you reference.

Citation:
In our case of 2 impetuous cav facing a single LH, the 2 cav must charge together, in a group. Otherwise, if you choose to charge with cav1, the fleeing LH can place itself out of charge range of the cav2. At this moment, cav2 is no more able to charge the LH. And this is in contradiction with above rule ("MUST charge").

This can equally be rebutted by page 41 lower left paragraph the sentence that begins "Conversely, if an....

Citation:
You can find an example of this case in picture p.42. Cav A and B charge as a group the facing cav X1.

These have no distinction to groups or units.

I am NOT saying you are wrong just saying it is easy to come to a contrary point and an FAQ would solve. Thank you. The details are helpful.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: