Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Classical Indians - Elephants!
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
cmuk
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 27, 2014 8:46 am    Sujet du message: Classical Indians - Elephants! Répondre en citant
My friend has a Classical Indian Army so I have been working out a list for him to try out the rules, bit sad I couldn't max out on 6 elephants without getting two silly Sad

Corps 1
Competent Commander Included(on one of the Elephants)
5 Elite War Elephants
4 Light Infantry

Corps 2
Competent Commander Included(on one of the Chariots)
4 Noble Heavy Chariots - impetuous
2 Light Cavalry - Javelin

Corps 3
Separate Ordinary Commander
6 Mediocre Indian Bowmen
2 Guardsmen Medium Swordsmen Elite - 2 Handed Weapons.

All feedback welcome
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It's Hathi's patrol ! Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQQZuLru9s

I'm used to figth against Elephant army : My friend Paul (Rosbif) love really his Indians-Tamouls-Kmer armies Smile

The problem with your building is that you have a great big and powerfull corps of elephant. A powerfull but impetuous corps of Heavy charriots but a last corps that will be a prey for nearly everything.

Even if you choose to keep it hidden in some terrain, they aren't sure to be safe... It's a great weakness...

One other problem is that your army is easy to out manoeuver. Your two first corps can't really react against flank manoeuver.

Last problem is that you choose to included one general in an elephant and this is a very bad idea... An elephant can't rally and is vulnerable to shooting (0 protection). So if you loose your LI screen (simply by making them dodge an charge) all your elephant will be exposed...

Your army is a really powerfull one... But only if your opponent is a gentle guy who want to be nice with you and let his troops go against you without thinking...

Some examples :

- If you face another classical army like macedonians. This army often play javeliners for killing elephants (or a lot of LI). Your Elephant corps would have some great problems against that type of troops witch can shoot at your elephants and are better in fight... And pikemen could stop them...

- Against Horse archer, they're doomed as they can't easily turn against cavalry witch turn their flank

- Your Heavy Charriot corps has nearly the same problem if they are in front of their nemesis, other elephants... Of in front of pikemen... They can't really manoeuver to avoid them...

So it' really powerfull but very risky building for my part...it depend greatly of your deployment skill and of your opponent...

Usualy elephant army's players choose to do another building :

General (competent most of time but brillant will be better)
2 Elephant
3 or 4 MI or medium lancers
2 LI (for protecting elephant from shooting)
0-1 or 2 bowmen...

Repeat that for two or 3 corps. This type of corps is realy powerfull (but will loose against your elephant corps, I agry...) and flexible... MI protect the elephants flanks or can go against javeliners... MI can do a lot of usefull things (like going in a plantation). And in putting some elephants in all corps you will be sure that opponent must fight some of them instead of simply go away...

A last word about command... Impetous troops or elephant are difficult to play... Impetous heavy charriot could be doomed against a lot of troops so think about giving them a brillant general...if you can't (and it's often the case with elephant armies) take long fighting lines.

Now I must tell you that this army could suprised a experienced player, used to "classical elephants army list"... So my thinking about your list are not golden rules... It's a really powerful and straitgh away army. But without second plan...

Sorry for my english Smile
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
And again take care about numbers....if your 3rd corps get chewed up, what can happen very easily, opponent has already 16 points and has only 5 Points to go. Wink

I know its hard to withstand taking all the goodies from the lists, but as i already mentioned somewhere: You will need some numbers to.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: