Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ambush and flank marches
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 5:44 pm    Sujet du message: Ambush and flank marches Répondre en citant
Hello everyone,

Two quick questions:

1. Do the ambushing units belonging to, for example, the "Left" commander need to be placed in the "left" section relative to other corps, or can they be placed anywhere?

2. The flank march test: is it done on every Movement phase (like it says in the rulebook) or only on the flanking player's Movement phase?

Many thanks!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 6:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello,

1/ When you create your army, you decide of 3 corps, that you can call left and right wing or centre.
But you really decide which corps is left, centre or right in the begining of a battle, when you write your deployement.
So, any of them can be in a flank march, even the "centre".
You're just supposed to write in your deployement which corps is in flank march and if it will come on the table from the left or the right.

2/ Only the flancking player's mvt phase.
Only the phasing player can play or test.
Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 7:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you Wagmestre.

I suppose the same logic applies to the placement of the ambushing units, right?
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 8:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
An ambushed unit must be part of the corps which is placed in the same zone of deployment (sorry for my bad english language...).
Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 8:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Wagmestre. Your English is brilliant, no need to apologise! Smile

One more question: do you show your deployment plan/sheet to your opponent for verification purposes? If yes, when do you do this? At the end of the game? As doing this earlier may obviously reveal your ambushing and flanking plans.
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 10:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Nice from you (and indulgent) !

In a tournament, of course it would be a good idea to show your deployment plan and army sheet to your opponent, to prevent duplicity.

I think that it depends on the tournament atmosphere.

In the weekly games, you probably don't need it. Eveybody knows the british fairplay ! Very Happy
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 13, 2014 10:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Wagmestre a écrit:
An ambushed unit must be part of the corps which is placed in the same zone of deployment.

I mean (in the french rules : page 71, about corps deployment / order of deployment, 2nd §) :
All units of a same corps, even ambushed, must be deployed in a rectangle area. And two areas must not overlap (straddle ?).

Ambushed units are not exceptions of this rule.
Borix
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 6:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Take Care !
The CinC can't be in a flank march !

Borix french bard and poor CinC Smile
Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 7:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you.

I was actually a little confused by that statement in the rules - "All units of a same corps, even ambushed, must be deployed in a rectangle area".

It does previously state that the ambush units are deployed later in the game (either when they are identified by the enemy or if the ambushing player chooses to move), however, that statement (copied above) makes it sound that the ambush units should also be deployed in the beginning of the game... ?? I think this is logically not true, so what it probably means is that the ambush units should also be deployed in the corresponding wing (depending which corp they belong to). Do you agree? Also, what does it mean by ".. in a rectangle area"? Does it mean the corresponding wing?

Thanks.
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 8:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Strategiser.
first of all, during your deployment phase, if you decide to do some ambushes, you just deploy ambush markers. You will reveal them at the opportune moment, that's all. Your ennemy won't know whether if it ' s a dummy or not Wink

Next: true, you must deploy each of your corps in an imaginary rectangle, including your ambush markers. They must not overlap each other, and every group of unit, including the ambushes, must be deplyed within the corps' general's command radius. So basically, youdraw three rectangles on your battle plan, each one corresponding to one of your corps or wing.
This rule is about simplicity. You and your opponent will know, at least at the beginning of the game, to which corps every unit belongs.

I hope I'm understandable enough.

cheers
seb
ps: if you happen to drop by in central London sometime, come and visit us. A lot of people want to try and play them here.

http://backtotheminis.blogspot.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 8:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks sebastosfig! All clear and makes sense!

I would love to join for a game in London, thanks! Where do you guys play? I am currently pondering over which army to buy (as this is my first historical wargame - I used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battles before). I am also trying to lure my group into ADG so will definitely come and join you for a game once I have a few ADG battles under my belt! Smile

Merci encore! Smile
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 8:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
We're in Camden, near Mornington Crescent station. We play in a pub, the Escape Very Happy , every Monday and Thursday evenings.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 8:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Oh and about your first army: choose the one you fancy first. You'll take pleasure in losing ( at first, probably) and winning with it ( hopefully).

Of course, if you keep rolling ones, there's nothing we can do Laughing

Strategiser
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 8:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you. Sounds great. I will let you know once I play a few games and will definitely join you for a game in Camden shortly thereafter.

Also thanks for the tip on getting my first army! Enjoying the game even when on the losing side is a sign of a good game design, at least that's what I tell myself when I face those dreaded 1s! Smile
tahon patrick
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am    Sujet du message: . Répondre en citant
Shocked Hello to every body Shocked

Ambush be carefull : you may hide up to 4 units by ambush (2 for anyone 3 if you get a Stratege ) So it's possible to hide an entire corpse in it .
If you decide to hide only a part of the corpse and let the other part in sight of the opponent the general MUST be in sight too .

Pay attention too : the troops you can hide depend on the kind of terrain you are in .

Be indulgent for my english.

See you later
Papaschultz

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: