Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Conforming from side by side
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 12:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, if I have understood Hazelbark correctly, when a unit is in contact with an enemy, it must be moved if possible (conform, charge something or move elsewhere) unless the unit is also in the ZoC of another enemy unit. 

If the unit is in contact with one enemy and in the ZoC of another, it may remain static or it may be moved (whilst complying with ZoC rules etc). 
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 1:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I suppose you might have a unit in difficult terrain, with one corner coinciding with the edge of the feature. It is contacted (charged??) by a chariot. The chariot cannot conform, but might want to sit there, forcing the unit to conform or move in its turn.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 1:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
One more question - I apologize as I cannot see any reason one would want to do this, so it's somewhat inconsequential, but it doesn't hurt to be aware - could a unit in contact and in a ZoC move but maintain contact? For example, in corner-to-corner contact with an enemy 1UD away straight ahead. Moving forward less than 1UD meets the ZoC restrictions but doesn't "move away". It also sets the enemy up for conformance to your flank, so it seems to be a really bad idea. Evil or Very Mad
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 2:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
I suppose you might have a unit in difficult terrain, with one corner coinciding with the edge of the feature. It is contacted (charged??) by a chariot. The chariot cannot conform, but might want to sit there, forcing the unit to conform or move in its turn.

If the corner of the unit is outside the terrain the chariot conforms as much as possible without entering the terrain and there is a melee. The other unit conforms in their turn.

If the corner is just on the edge it is still in the terrain and the chariot cannot contact.
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 2:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
One more question - I apologize as I cannot see any reason one would want to do this, so it's somewhat inconsequential, but it doesn't hurt to be aware - could a unit in contact and in a ZoC move but maintain contact? For example, in corner-to-corner contact with an enemy 1UD away straight ahead. Moving forward less than 1UD meets the ZoC restrictions but doesn't "move away". It also sets the enemy up for conformance to your flank, so it seems to be a really bad idea. Evil or Very Mad

Charge straight ahead can do that. Bad idea only if the enemy on the flank are not busy.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 8:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My understanding is "If you can conform (not prevented by ZoC or unit type restrictions, terrain, etc) you must either conform, break contact, or enter melee or support positions."
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 8:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
My understanding is "If you can conform (not prevented by ZoC or unit type restrictions, terrain, etc) you must either conform, break contact, or enter melee or support positions."

But if something does prevent you conforming, it is not compulsory to break contact, or enter melee or a support position even if these options remain possible.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 13, 2022 10:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
I read Dan’s post to say:

If ZOCs prevent you from conforming, you can sit in place instead of being forced to spend a CP to charge or escape or doing a spontaneous charge. As per the top right diagram on page 51.

(If there were no ZOCs you would have to conform if you didn’t spend a CP to get out of the conforming situation.)

Correct.

This is a clarification that the idea some thought that a player must use CP to get out of the situation is not accurate.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 13, 2022 10:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
Za Otlichiye a écrit:

But if something does prevent you conforming, it is not compulsory to break contact, or enter melee or a support position even if these options remain possible.

There are some nuances here that need to be looked at. Obviously impetuous rules would apply. But suppose the unit cannot conform but can make a spontaneous charge. Because this does not cost CP will it be mandatory? Don't care one way or the other, but hope this helps.

Okay who cannot conform?
1. units in ZoC
2. WWg and Art
3. units behind fortifications or stakes
4. units otherwise obstructed (impassible terrain, table edge, immovable friends and enemies, maybe others)

What are their obligations?
1. None
2. do not have to spend CPs (but would have to spontaneously charge)
3. must spend CPs if available (weird situation where you roll high and the units in your command are all locked up)
4. must reserve CPs if possible (apparently rejected)

Whatever solution should be clear in all those cases.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: