Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Wheels of change?
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 23, 2021 5:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
daveallen a écrit:

Citation:
For each wheel, the group as a whole counts as having moved the distance travelled by the unit that moved furthest.

In line with the principle of minimising the number of changed words, could this be:

"The whole groups counts as advancing the distance travelled by the unit that moves furthest. (i.e.....) "

That works too.

My thinking fwiw:

"For each wheel" was intended to do the work of the How To Measure Distance diagram from V3. Drop it if you think it's covered by bp2 in Movement Distances "Each slide and wheel ... is measured separately."

"unit that moves furthest" contradicts bp1 of Movement Distances, but is the only way I can see to prevent silly wheels by columns of WWg. It will knock 7mm off the move of a 2x2 group of LC that wheels 90 degrees. It will be a bit trickier for wider groups or one of those L shaped groups people sometimes deploy on their flank. But that's nowhere near as big a drawback as the silliness it addresses. Maybe there's a way to avoid both, I don't know.

"group as a whole" / "whole group" - different ways of saying the same thing, or describing slightly different things? Take your pick.

Dave

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: