Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Losing impact when hit on flank
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 7:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
plefebvre a écrit:
It was my pleasure Very Happy

you had du bol , it is gonflant.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 8:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The key to this debate is the timing of the movement of the different units.
In effect, the first unit moving into Contact with the enemy unit is deemed to be "charging", at which point that enemy is considered to be "in melee".

Being "in melee" allows other units to be moved "into support", including Light troops which could not otherwise contact that enemy. The one proviso is that these light troops may not be permitted to move into contact with the front edge of the enemy where the initial contact was made on the enemy's flank or rear (they would be deemed to be the 'main' unit fighting the enemy).

IMO the FAQ is still a little unclear on this key aspect, and could possibly be improved.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 11, 2017 3:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I get it too, now
I see how the rules and FAQ support it (but the English version could maybe be more clear)
I'm still not convinced it's is "a good thing", as it creates a (corner case) additional capability for LI that sits rather outside their normal role, so complicates the rules fir very little benefit, but hey... Wink
Prussianhussaruk
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 11, 2017 6:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The draw back I can see, is this supporting LI would not be allowed to evade if charged while still providing support.

Don
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 11, 2017 8:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No, it cannnot. Because if a unit is attacking an enemy's flank, then this unit is engaged in melee (for it is contacting enemy wirth it's front). Consequently it cannot evade if charged.

"sic transit gloria mundi"
Viking709
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 13, 2017 8:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I see it now. As long as the LI are coming in as support and therefore not charging, they can hit the enemy in the flank with their front edge
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 13, 2017 8:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Viking709 a écrit:
I see it now. As long as the LI are coming in as support and therefore not charging, they can hit the enemy in the flank with their front edge

Definitly, yes !!!! Smile

"sic transit gloria mundi"
Kal5056
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 15, 2017 2:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Isn't there a difference between moving into support. (Side edge or corner to corner) with a unit already frontally engaged and charging the flank or rear of the same?

I thought the rules allowed light infantry to move into support of heavier units in the open but not charge into contact with them.

Gino
SMAC
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 15, 2017 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
One of the difficulties we've been having here is that in almost every other set of rules the only way the light infantry could engage in the melee is through a charge.

In ADG once a melee has started fresh units can join in by simple moves to support and this can include front to flank and front to rear contact from appropriate positions. The charge restrictions do not apply.

It's worth going through the thread with the rule book and FAQs in hand.

Dave
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 17, 2017 5:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dave, Very apt comments.

I tell people it is more like a computer game or real life that there are not all these discreet actions but once melee joins it becomes a blob of soldiers struggling very grimly for survival.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: