Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Shooting factors to or from cover
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 13, 2019 7:08 am    Sujet du message: Shooting factors to or from cover Répondre en citant
Guys, thanks for the faq work again, greatly appreciated. I will have a go at stating how I think shooting in cover works, to see if I now have it understood. If you disagree it would be really helpful to see an alternative reading with referances. I use bow v bow, since we can see shooter and target impacts in one example.

2 bows face each other directly and exchange shots down the identical but reciprocal line of sight. One is outside and the other is less than 1ud inside cover terrain, and so they can see each other and both can shoot.

The unit in the open does not benefit from "target in cover" since this is evaluating its position only, not the line of sight. The pg 48 "effective only" line of sight rule is then simply a further qualifier. Logically it could apply to a target that is partially in cover but has a base edge, or part of it, outside of the cover, giving a line of sight to an edge which has no cover protection.

UNIT OUTSIDE TERRAIN
-1 shooting. Factors are 0 base, -1 target in cover

0 Protection when recieving

UNIT IN TERRAIN
-1 shooting. Factors are 0 base, -1 shooting from cover and not light infantry exception

0 Protection when recieving

Ps I have now thought a bit more about longbows, crossbows etc. It seems clear to me now that Longbow make no difference to cover protection since it is the shooters factor which is decreased not the targets protection increased. The targets protection remains the basic zero and cannot be reduced below this
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 13, 2019 8:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Mike,

Not sure I follow the logic of your posting, but I think that you are saying that both bowmen shoot on a net -1? If so, then I think you are correct.

Jesse
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 15, 2019 2:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
seems like the right track. Longbows don't saw down trees...not even in Hollywood movies.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: