Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Rout Move
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 01, 2019 1:15 pm    Sujet du message: Rout Move Répondre en citant
On the rare occasions that I can afford to keep heavy infantry in reserve I like to keep them no more than 2 UD of the fighting front, so that they can stop the enemy from exploiting overlaps for more than one bound.

If they are precisely 2UD behind the fighting front they will be precisely 1 UD behind the back of a chariot in my front line:

enemy

my chariot, about to rout

1 UD gap

heavy infantry in reserve.

When my front line chariot routs will it rout through the heavy infantry, inflicting a cohesion loss on it?

P61 says it will if the heavy infantry were "within one UD" of the routers. But these are precisely 1 UD from the routers. Are they "within" 1 UD?

Alan
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 01, 2019 2:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My understanding is that if you can place a 40x40 marker in the space, then the heavy infantry are not “within. 

However if the Heavy infantry move 2UD forwards, then the unit will be in contact with the enemy, and without a disruption marker. 
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 01, 2019 5:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
in the French version, it is written that the unit take a cohesion loss if it is "à moins d'une UD" so less than 1 UD. Then, being at exactly 1 UD from the routing unit is safe.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 01, 2019 7:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Merci. Nous sommes d’accord. 
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 01, 2019 8:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you both for your help with this. I have seen it played both ways, so it is good to get it classified. As there is no ambiguity in the French, I wonder if we could get closer to that (eg "less than 1 UD") if there is ever a new English edition.

With thanks and best wishes,

Alan
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 19, 2019 8:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
A4 a écrit:
Thank you both for your help with this. I have seen it played both ways, so it is good to get it classified. As there is no ambiguity in the French, I wonder if we could get closer to that (eg "less than 1 UD") if there is ever a new English edition.

With thanks and best wishes,

Alan

I have always played this p 61 as "within one UD" meaning not "At or within one UD"

But yes that should be clarified in the FAQ.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: