Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Evade direction
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 15, 2019 12:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I was planning to draw a diagram for this, but realised the one on page 51 covered most contingencies.

So I'll go through what I think are the right ways for red (if it was LC) to exit the various ZoCs:

(With explanations if not obvious)

A - rear only
B1 - rear only
B2 - flank only
C1 - rear or flank (because C1 is on the flank even if not able to charge it)**
C2 - flank only
D - front only
E - front or flank (because the diagram is wrong and the lower "flank line" should be vertical not horizontal)

** I'm not sure on this one and can see a case for "rear only."

Dave
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 16, 2019 12:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Great use of the diagram. 
I totally agree with your analysis. 

To your supplementary question, why do you think that C1 might cause the unit to exit only to it’s rear?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 16, 2019 6:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It all comes down to what is meant by "to its front" and "on its flank" and which, if any, takes precedence.

I've taken "on its flank" to mean the ZoCing unit is at least partially behind the flank, but it could mean it must be able to charge the flank.

As C1 can't charge the flank I can see situations in which an umpire could rule either way unless we have a clearer indication of what the rule means.

Dave
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, if C1 were moved slightly to the right such that it was beyond the line extending up from the flank of the red target, I believe C1 would be permitted to contact either front or flank of the red target. 

That being the case, I suggest that the direction of exiting an enemy ZoC effectively works the same as evading from a charge; ie red must exit (or evade) away from the most threatening unit in a direction that is diametrically opposite to that threat. 

This approach also follows the principles of simplification and coherence behind the rules. In which case, red would only exit to it’s rear from C1, since C1 only threatens its front, even though part of C1 is behind the flank. 
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 16, 2019 10:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Now this is just getting confusing.

I think we're treading on dangerous ground when we start inferring intentions that go beyond the rules as written. Something we've both done here.

Maybe we need a ruling on this question from the TD.

Dave

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: