Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Hope this makes sense
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Baldie
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 30, 2018 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: Hope this makes sense Répondre en citant
Had a game yesterday

Two units of my spears in a group facing some enemy cavalry
One of my units of Spears charged the Roman Heavy Cav to the front, as they had impact they could not evade away.
The other unit of spears I spent an additional command point on to move into support the spears, as they did not start their move past the front of the cavalry I know they could not charge the flank.

I thought I could move the spears slightly past the front of the cavalry ready to try to get into the flank in subsequent turns if they did not disengage.
Opponent said he thought I could only move forward to support the spears and line up with them, which I could have done as a group move anyway. Then move a little past the front next turn and another turn later hit them in the flank.

Rather than waste time debating I only moved up in a group and still managed to slaughter the cavalry anyway but would like to know if it is possible.

As it was the might of Sparta managed to slaughter the Late Romans for a change with some incredibly bad rolling from the legions.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 30, 2018 8:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Your initial move was legit. Because you spent an extra pip on the supporting unit of spears, you were entitled to move past the front corner of the enemy cavalry, sliding along its edge to be in a position to declare a flank charge in your next move. Obviously, that became unnecessary!
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 30, 2018 8:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If the two had charged as a group the supporting unit would have had to have stopped at corner to corner with the target unit. Page 36

By paying the extra cp you get the right to continue beyond first contact. FAQ Page 10
Baldie
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 31, 2018 10:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks both

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: