Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Group evade thru friends
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Amra
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 12, 2018 3:03 pm    Sujet du message: Group evade thru friends Répondre en citant
Hi All ,

I played a game the other day ,my first for a while and got completely confused in an evade

A group of 4 light horse (2 x 2) , evade

There is a single heavy cav friend almost at their maximum move

The LC can interpenetrate the HC (they are facing the same way) so the HC isn't an obstacle and the interpenetration rules apply

Is it as simple as the lead units front edges don't get thru the HC, so the last para on p43 applies and all four units (ie the group) of LC stop as the interpenetration isn't allowed ?

Thanks
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes if both front LC start to interpenetrate th HC.
If only one did then the group gets broken up
Amra
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 12, 2018 11:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks ,but I'm not sure I understand Embarassed
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 13, 2018 7:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If say only the right LC interpenetrate the HC, it and the one behind go back forming one group , while the left pair continue to full move distance and form a second group.

If both front LC interpenetrate the HC all go back still in one group

Hope that helps
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 13, 2018 1:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The interpenetration rules are on page 43

- The movement of the unit passing through must be able to at least partially get through to be allowed to interpenetrate
- Units of light troops getting 'partly' through get to move a bit further to clear their friends
- Units of non-lights trying to interpenetrate end up displacing the interpenetrated unit backwards (most of the time)

So - assuming I understand your initial description correctly - I think its pretty clear that none of them get through, as the conditions for interpenetration are not met. .

This section specifies units, not groups so if they were a bit further forward and the front rank of the LH did clear the HC, this would see the "front rank" LH go a bit further than their normal move to clear their friends, and the "second rank" (assuming their front edges don't quite make it to the other side of the friends they are trying to interpenetrate) not actually being allowed to interpenetrate, thus splitting the initial group into 2, either side of the interpenetratee
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 13, 2018 1:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If the LC cannot go through the Cv but have not used all their movement, the rule that starting 1UD from obstruction they wheel the minimum necessary to avoid the obstruction must apply.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No Alan, as the HC in the situation described are not an obstacle. And for this process check the diagram at the bottom of p39. 

As the others have said, for interpretation each unit is considered separately, even if they start evading as a group. Depending on the relative positions of the evading LC and the HC, the group will be split up into two (or possibly three) parts comprising those that were unaffected and those that were impeded or advanced due to the interpenetration process. 
Amra
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 14, 2018 1:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Got it ,thanks all

None of them go thru because none of their front edges went all the way thru the HC

The HC is not an obstacle so those rules don't apply

The LC don't push the HC away, they just stop short touching the rear of the HC

Evades are resolved as individual units ,even if they start as a group.

I think thats it
Very Happy
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 14, 2018 1:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yup, that’s it Very Happy
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 14, 2018 1:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I thought Madaxman said if the front edge of a LC unit STARTS interpenetrating the HC, then that unit passes all the way through the HC?

So if the HC is just within (say 2 milimetres) the full evade move of a LC unit, then that LC MUST start interpenetrating and pass all the way through the HC.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 14, 2018 9:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
I thought Madaxman said if the front edge of a LC unit STARTS interpenetrating the HC, then that unit passes all the way through the HC?

No, the rules are clear on this. Your front edge needs to 'get through' in order to be able to interpenetrate

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: