Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Clarification of new FAQ regarding side/side contact
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 08, 2018 11:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
For the original question, please check the diagram at the bottom of p18 of the FAQ, "movement and Conformation". This position is true irrespective of whether or not it occurred as the result of charging another unit that evaded.

Zoltan, Pursuit is a different situation altogether that has a different set of rules for conformation; in that case, the 'target' normally conforms to the Pursuers (see FAQ "timing of conformation", 3rd bullet).

If there was a more complex situation like this:
    1AB
    . . 2
And if A were to be destroyed during the turn of 1&2, unit 1 would pursue into the flank of B.

Here you need to use a little common sense. Normally there would be no conformation since B is in melee, and 1 does not conform. 1 would count as being in support, and potentially B would lose a cohesion loss for being contacted on the flank.
That said, if B survived the initial contact and there were no physical constraints (terrain, units etc) I would have no problem with 1 being correctly aligned on the flank of B.

Remember, 'Conformation' is a rules mechanic intended to facilitate melee resolution. Units are aligned purely to indicate those units that are fighting. It is not intended to be used to provide some in-game advantage.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 08, 2018 6:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
Ramses II a écrit:
NO. To attack the flank of an enemy unit (ie front edge to enemy flank), a unit must start at least partially behind the front edge of the enemy unit (p51). If the supporting unit starts "in front" of the enemy, it may move past the front corner of the enemy but will end up side to side with the enemy, not facing the flank.

Ramses, I think this is the whole point of the OP.

If a unit starts in front of an enemy (that is already fighting to its front) but ends up contacting the enemy’s flank due to a charge move, what is the correct play:

1. The charger is NOT permitted to contact the enemy’s flank because it started in front of the enemy,

2. The charger conforms with the contacted enemy by aligning side edge to side edge. This gives the charger a positional advantage in its next move (behind the enemy’s flank). The charger counts as +1 support to its friend already fighting the enemy on its front edge,

3. The charger conforms with the contacted enemy by being moved backwards into corner to corner contact. Again the charger gives its friend +1 support (and side to side contact with its friend). In this position the charger remains “in front of†the enemy and has not  gained a positional advantage behind its flank.

You seem to be saying that option 2 above is the correct play.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses - my mistake! I carelessly used the word “pursuer†when I meant “chargerâ€. I have corrected my post.  Sad

So is the charger who is chasing an evader permitted to contact the flank of the enemy which is already in melee to its front? This would NOT be a flank charge as the charger starts in front of the enemy unit which is already in melee.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 08, 2018 11:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, though the unit is only deemed to be ‘charging’ it’s original target. When it contacts a different enemy that is already engaged in melee it is merely ‘supporting (even if that melee started earlier this movement phase). 

However the question over how it faces when it conforms is determined by its original position relative to the new unit. It could be ‘attacking’ the enemy flank of it started behind the enemy front edge, otherwise it will be side to side. 

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: