Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Deployment - command range
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Luddite
Archer

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 2:09 pm    Sujet du message: Deployment - command range Répondre en citant
The official errata make clear that all deployed units (including ambush markers) must be within command range of the Commander.

Is command range doubled for light troops as normal?

What command range are ambush markers assessed to need?

Cheers
Very Happy Question Very Happy
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes the command range for visible light troops from visible commanders is doubled as normal. 

Ambushes are not specified per se, though I would argue that while they must be placed in command range from a visible commander, if placed outside normal command range the marker may contain only light troops or be a dummy. 

Don’t forget that troops may not pass through an ambush marker at any time
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Luddite
Archer

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 3:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Yes the command range for visible light troops from visible commanders is doubled as normal. 

Do you have a reference where it says that?

Citation:
Ambushes are not specified per se, though I would argue that while they must be placed in command range from a visible commander, if placed outside normal command range the marker may contain only light troops or be a dummy. 

Doesn't that then reveal the type of units in a real ambush?
Why would dummy ambushes be classed as "light" (and therefore double range"?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 18, 2018 6:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not per se, except that the normal command rules apply: P71, second para “all troops must be deployed in command range of their commanderâ€, and the inference that LI command range is doubled as usual. 

As to Ambush markers, it is up to the player where he places the marker and the associated commander, and it could be a dummy anyway; so if the player wishes to hide heavier troops in the marker he must ensure that the commander is in command range, and more importantly that there is sufficient space for the relevant units to be deployed as a valid group of up to four units. 

Don’t forget the ambush and the rest of the corps must all fall in the corps “zoneâ€, left, centre or right, which should make it easier to stay inside the command range anyway. 
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 20, 2018 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Also just because an ambush marker is known to not hold any troops does not mean it is ineffective. It still stops units from double moving.

It is a good habit to always deploy ambush markers if permitted regardless as sometimes impeding an enemy double move is critical.

Furthermore.
You generally want to deploy vacant ambush markers where an opponent cannot reveal them with a single move on turn 1.
So an enemy LC is 7 UD in, It moves 5 UD and reveals any within 1 UD. This suggest putting a vacant ambush marker only at 6.9 UD from your own edge.

Note the math changes if the terrain is hard for LC to enter or its a big piece etc.

The above is even more true to not allow an enemy LI reveal your Ambush marker on turn 1 as LI are much more common.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So even if my opponent knows I've deployed all my units visible on table, I'm still entitled to deploy ambush markers just to annoy him by preventing his double moving. Nice!
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 22, 2018 3:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
So even if my opponent knows I've deployed all my units visible on table, I'm still entitled to deploy ambush markers just to annoy him by preventing his double moving. Nice!

Yep. In fact, it's almost rude not to.

One small advantage of a strategist is that you can use up to three (instead of the usual two) ambushes.

Marc

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: