Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Deploying arty
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Nightingale87
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 1:28 pm    Sujet du message: Deploying arty Répondre en citant
Where can I deploy Heavy arty?

RUles say that I can´t deploy it where it can´t move. But heavy arty CAN´T move anywhere. I understand I can deploy it on open ground and lets say, a field or plantation ¿? What about woods?

thanks for your answer.

I also want to know what your experience with arty is. Is it worth 10 pts? does it pay off?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 3:00 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Deploying arty Répondre en citant
Nightingale87 a écrit:
I also want to know what your experience with arty is. Is it worth 10 pts? does it pay off?

The answer is that your mileage may vary. I have seen players react very powerfully to the presence of an artillery unit, going to great lengths either to avoid the shooting or to attack what looks like an easy target. Sometimes that reaction is powerful enough to disrupt their battle plan and cause confusion all out proportion to a 10 point unit. (I have been one of those players, I am sorry to say.) Alternatively, I have seen arty be nothing but a liability, a weak point in the opponent's army. Perhaps I should say that an artillery is either worth nothing at all or a lot. Does that help? Smile

At the US Team Tournament this past weekend the Ghaznavid player used a heavy art that he positioned to shoot diagonally across the board. As his heavy cav evaded away they cleared the gun's firing lines and he was able to get good use out of it. Then, when his cav came back to shoot, he was able to use them to support the gun's shooting. Useful and interesting, and it both gave him a rich selection of targets and made it harder for opponents to avoid the gun's arc of fire.

Marc
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 3:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The bit in parens tells you artillery cannot be deployed in difficult.
You "could" deploy it elsewhere. You can also deploy it on a road if the road is in difficult.

You would not want to deploy your artillery in a plantation as its shooting would be reduced and potentially your line of sight would be minimal.

Does it pay off. Initially I thought no. But I have had several opponents use it for good effect. Some observations.
1) Do not build your whole plan around it. Then you are being effected by it more than your opponent.
2) Opponents often obsess about avoiding the fire.
3) It is hard to deploy it aiming where you are attacking, because you will obscure your line of sight. Therefore most people deploy them aiming at the area they expect the enemy to attack.
4) Placing them on hills are nifty.
5) Related to point 4, this is as defender is a good reason to try for a village, on a hill. The village (small) goes on a larger gentle hill which provides a fire opportunity.
6) A determined opponent attacking will likely over run artillery. Don't think of them like Napoleonic canister shots because they can't stop a determined attack.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 4:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It would be great if we could get an official DT ruling on can heavy artillery be deployed in rough terrain.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: