Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
The Light Infantry [and Light Cav] Trap
Page 3 sur 4 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
Zoltan a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:
Zoltan a écrit:
Why did you specify 4cm?

4cm = 1UD in 15mm scale. 2nd bullet point in "Troops that can evade" on p37

Right, the minimum distance a LI must evade (if it can).

Not quite.  It’s the distance at which any obstacle behind a unit will prevent an evade move in this context 

Yep, that's what I meant. The minimum distance LI (and other foot) must evade is 1UD. If they can't move 1UD due to an obstacle, ipso facto they can't evade.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pebbo
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 07, 2018 6:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I’m not sure if putting units immediately in front of battle troops is an historic tactic. My understanding of battles in the Carthaginian wars is that light infantry screens were pushed well ahead of the battle lines (to screen them whilst they deployed) but were withdrawn well before the battle lines clashed.

However threading say a HI exactly between two LI does seem rather cheesy. We could argue that this degree of precision simply isn’t possible but some people will insist they can do it.
Nightingale87
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just a comment on the "elbow of death"

I only have a problema with that if I look at the table and see squared bases sliding around scenery on a table. But...

If I consider that those bases represent gropus of men trying to do their best to stay alive, and obbey orders as per training received, then I see/understand that those slinger, unfit for melee, and trained to eveade the enemy, as they see an enemy unit going round their flank, they start to waver, and the second they are charged by another unit to their front, they relize there is no way out, and disperse. The unit disbands, and is no longer a proficient forcé on the battlefield, it´s no longer posible for the general to control those men, since there is no time in the battle to reorganize them.Thus, withdrawing the base from the table. IN the "represented reality", maybe not one of the slingers died, but in the focus of the game, that is irrelevant to us.

This is the way in which i try to interpret any rule in any game. That´s why I cant consider it "cheesy".
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Also it should be noted that this tactic is mitigated by having a clear line of skirmishers less than 1 UD from their battle support troops. If you send off skirmishers willy nilly in penny packets, they can get mugged.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 6:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Also it should be noted that this tactic is mitigated by having a clear line of skirmishers less than 1 UD from their battle support troops. If you send off skirmishers willy nilly in penny packets, they can get mugged.

Couldn't the skirmish line be a little more than 1UD in front of its own battle line? Sufficient such that an enemy trying to slide in behind the LF screen will enter the battle line's ZoC by a gnat's todger and be forced to stop. So for threatening enemy LC I guess my LF could be 1UD plus 29mm ahead of my battle line.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan. Potentially yes but there is a point where the gnat's todger works against you not for you.

Most of the time that extra distance is unnecessary risk.
Viking709
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 11, 2018 11:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So why not  allow evaders to interpenatrate supporting units just as they can ignore enemy Zoc when evading.  This would still prevent all troops interpenatraing units in support position except when evading?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 12, 2018 10:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
That would be an acceptable change if the DT and El Kreator wish it.
Viking709
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 14, 2018 10:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The amendment would only effect lights.  Lights can interpenatrate supporting troops in an evade move as long as they are the type of troops they can interpenatrate 
ie. LI can evade through supporting HI but LH could not
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am not convinced. Plausibly when the enemy are near you close up ready for combat, and so interprenetation becomes blocked, like the rules currently have it. When battle lines get close skirmishes should get out of the way before they are trapped.

And as Tim says in many cases if engineered it is a lot of pips and other troops fighting at disadvantage.
MKennedy
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 23, 2018 12:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Last weekend while gaming, this topic came up (again) and I wanted to review the outcome of this threads discussion. I thought this had been resolved back in March by the DT, but I don't see it anymore (glitch and/or redacted?). Can someone point me to where the final decision is posted?

Michael
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 23, 2018 9:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am confused here folks

I am convinced that LF acting as an overlap cannot evade of charged, so would be destroyed immediately on contact by enemy HF

Also if the friendly HF in the middle is deemed as a supporting overlap, the LF to its front cannot evade through it, if the LF is deemed not to be an overlap, as you cannot evade through troops in combat and an overlap is deemed to be in combat

So for the LF to escape being destroyed by the enemy HF to its front both it and the friendly HF to its rear must not be supporting.
That then leads to the question can an overlap friendly unit opt not to be a support?

Have I summed this all up correctly?
Kal5056
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 23, 2018 9:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I believe that you can evade if you are only in support provided the front edge of the LF is not engaged with the enemy. 

Gino
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 10:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
That is a different interpretation from what we (Slimbridge, Cardiff, Clevedon) are currently playing.

I haven't got my rules with me but will double check later.

Overlap is effectively contact/combat and so the LF cannot evade if contacted and would be destroyed (in open terrain) by heavier troops
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 10:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mark G Fry a écrit:
That is a different interpretation from what we (Slimbridge, Cardiff, Clevedon) are currently playing.

I haven't got my rules with me but will double check later.

Overlap is effectively contact/combat and so the LF cannot evade if contacted and would be destroyed (in open terrain) by heavier troops

Ref is p43 8th bullet
the point is : if the middle HI is acting as an overlap, the LI is not in overlap so has to evade before the first contact.
If for any reason the LI is there, it may evade before the second contact for the same reason (180 deg turn, slide one base and evade move through the rightmost HI)

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 3 sur 4 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: