Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Light Foot as an overlap
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Janos Hunyadi
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Sujet du message: Light Foot as an overlap Répondre en citant
I searched forum and could not find this but.

We had an Elephant versus pike battle, and on the end of the line were our respective Light Foot elements fighitng as an overlap in open terrain, on the end of the line.

My light foot lost and were destroyed, and the next round my bowmen attacked my opponents overlapping Light foot unit.

Should they have been destroyed ?, or fight as normal
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 7:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If the Light infantry were attacked on their front in the open, they must evade (using adjusted movement dice). Other troops that can evade may choose to do so (Javelinmen, light cavalry, etc). If the target evades, the chargers throw adjusted movement dice to move forwards until they contact the evaders or a new enemy.

There is a special case where the move will place the unit naturally into a Support position flanking a unit in an existing melee without the need for Conformation. In this case I believe the chargers have the choice to move into Support or to throw adjusted move dice to move after the evaders.
Janos Hunyadi
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 7:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
If the Light infantry were attacked on their front in the open, they must evade (using adjusted movement dice). Other troops that can evade may choose to do so (Javelinmen, light cavalry, etc). If the target evades, the chargers throw adjusted movement dice to move forwards until they contact the evaders or a new enemy.

There is a special case where the move will place the unit naturally into a Support position flanking a unit in an existing melee without the need for Conformation. In this case I believe the chargers have the choice to move into Support or to throw adjusted move dice to move after the evaders.

So the fact that the Light Foot are counting as an overlap in an exisiting melee, does not change anything ?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 8:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Correct.

Light foot may be used as a Support to other units in a melee, fighting on the edge or flank of a battle. During the resolution, they give +1 to their friends just like any other support.

However, they are Light Infantry; they are unarmoured and have slings, stones, sharp sticks and the odd knife . . . think shepherd boys or scouts. They really do not want to mix it with even moderately armed infantry, let alone legionaries or knights . . .

So when challenged frontally, they will always run away. Does that make sense?
Janos Hunyadi
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 9:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Correct.

Light foot may be used as a Support to other units in a melee, fighting on the edge or flank of a battle. During the resolution, they give +1 to their friends just like any other support.

However, they are Light Infantry; they are unarmoured and have slings, stones, sharp sticks and the odd knife . . . think shepherd boys or scouts. They really do not want to mix it with even moderately armed infantry, let alone legionaries or knights . . .

So when challenged frontally, they will always run away. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me, but my friend who is a competition gamer, assured me if they were an overlap, they stand and fight, and were not destroyed at contact in the open.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2017 11:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In which case, just rub his competitive nose in p52, destruction of Light Infantry, where this is clearly stated.
So they can provide support, but cannot stand and fight troops other than enemy LI.
Wink
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 22, 2017 8:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
They should have evade. they always evade in clear terrain...
the only exception is if the LI is in front contact with on ennemy (either in combat or giving a flank attack) in this case, they cannot evade and suffer the destruction.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: