Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Pike in the rough...
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Richard Young
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Sujet du message: Pike in the rough... Répondre en citant
I'd like a clarification for a melee during a game played at Britcon this last weekend.

I attacked a mediocre Pike unit on the flank, that was sitting wholly in a field, with my unit of Crossbow (with pavises). The latter attacks at +1 for charging a flank. I thought that the Pike would be at a base of 0 for being attacked in the flank then a further -2 for being pike in rough going. My opponent thought his Pike melee factor was at 0. Who was correct?

We played that the Crossbow were 1 up in melee. I couldn't be asked to argue as his English was even worse than my French and he wasn't exactly the most engaging person to play against! Anyway, the melee went against me and at the end of the turn, the Pike turned to face the Crossbow. In the next phase, the Crossbow unit was destroyed frontally by the Pike which was less than jolly for me.

Richard
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 14, 2017 3:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ah those nasty froggies...

unit taken on the flank: base factor =0 (page 56 flank or rear attack)
and +1 for the flanker
pike in rough terrain; -2 (page 57 terrain modifier)

so it was a +3 fight for you.

Sad

and if the pk survive and conform, the fight will continue à +0 (or +1 for you if you managed to wound them)
Richard Young
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
fdunadan a écrit:
Ah those nasty froggies...

unit taken on the flank: base factor =0 (page 56 flank or rear attack)
and +1 for the flanker
pike in rough terrain; -2 (page 57 terrain modifier)

so it was a +3 fight for you.

Sad

and if the pk survive and conform, the fight will continue à +0 (or +1 for you if you managed to wound them)

Thanks. Damn! I'll remember that in future but it's unlikely I'll ever see that situation again Confused
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 14, 2017 8:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It's not common to meet Pk in the rought....

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: