Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
WotR Army List #236
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 12:34 am    Sujet du message: WotR Army List #236 Répondre en citant
Hey guys! So I have a match coming up this next weekend and I am debating what list I want to run. This is my first time putting together a Wars of the Roses list and I would appreciate everyone's feedback on what I can do to make it better or improve. We are playing 300 points and my opponent will be playing some variation of a Mongolian list. Here is what I have put together so far.

C-in-C Brilliant Included @ 5 pts
1x Knight on foot Elite @ 14 pts
2x Knight on foot Elite @28 pts
4x Longbowmen Elite @ 44 pts
1x Light Artillery @ 6 pts
---------------------------------
Total 8 stands @ 97 pts

Sub-Gen Competent Included @ 0 pts
1x Knight on foot @ 12 pts
2x Heavy Swordsmen armor 2HW @ 22 pts
2x Pikemen @ 22 pts
3x Light infantry firearm @ 12 pts
--------------------------------
Total 8 stands @ 68 pts

Sub-Gen Competent Included @ 0 pts
1x Knight on foot @ 12 pts
2x Heavy Swordsmen armor 2HW @ 22 pts
6x Longbowmen Elite @ 66 pts
Total 9 stands @ 100 pts

Sub-Gen Ordinary @ 0 pts
2x Heavy Swordsmen 2HW mediocre @ 14 pts
3x Longbowmen mediocre @ 21 pts
Total 5 stands @ 35 points

Overall army break is 30 units and I am at 300 points exactly. I would really appreciate some constructive criticism as I am fairly new to the game and still don't have list building down to a T yet. I have virtually every unit WotR can take so it shouldn't be a problem to change out anything. What do ya'll think?

Thanks,

Stanton
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 5:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If you are new to ADLG I would not include generals having them as a separate bases with give you far more flexibility.
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 6:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello, my remarks :
Avoid to include brilliant general, it is too costly as you can loose it on a little 1 (for a 5 cohesion points loose), furthermore, you can keep it outside melee and get enough PIP to rally you units or exploit any gap. If he is engaged, those possibilities are, most of the time, not available.
For other included generals, try, as far as possible to include them in elite/armored units. If you want to save points, your 4th corps, whose mission seems to defend/cover, may have an unreliable general and you transfer 1 LI from the 2nd corps in order to place it forward enough to force the enemy to rally your corps if it is unreliable. You keep 2 Li to cover your 2nd corps pikemen, as the knights, with heavy armour are not really vulnerable except crossbow or art. You so, save 5 pts to un-included the competent gen of 2nd or 3rd corps. My preference will go to 3rd corps, as you may need points to manoeuver your bowmen + heavy foot.
I suggest also to downgrade the 2nd corps gen to ordinary, he has only heavy foot and LI to command and will be involved in combat. So you can change the 3rd corps gen to Brillant, keeping your +2 initiative.
against a Mongol army, this army is deadly!
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 11:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Too many longbows (13) I would aim for 6-8 of them. Buy a heavy artillery and get more swordsmen. Put at least one good longbow in the command with the mediocre guys (so he can shoot and the others support).
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll make some edits tonight and repost the list! What are everyone's opinions on the stakes for the Longbowmen?

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: