Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
GB Plastic Romans (& friends) on Madaxeman.com
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 pm    Sujet du message: GB Plastic Romans (& friends) on Madaxeman.com Répondre en citant
I've recently been painting and basing some serious quantities of figures, including some new 28mm Patrician Romans built on the core of a couple of boxes of the new-ish Gripping Beast plastic figures.

Of course, the project expanded and soon included some Foundry and Footsore metals, and a huge number of Old Glory not-quite-historical hairy barbarian foederate foot and mounted to pad out the army.

All of the figures are based for ADLG, on 60mm wide basing with 2 ranks for all of the non-skirmishing infantry. The Auxilia in particular who are on 60x60's really suit this basing, with some even being based in a dangerous-looking wedge formation.

There are now plenty of pictures of them all posted on my website :
Garry Grant
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 03, 2017 5:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
These are well done and I like the idea of generic barbarians - have adopted that with my non-falx armed Dacians. Planning to use them in say Gallic, Germanic and even Arthurian British armies.

Our little group has settled on 80mm bases - flows from 40mm square Hail Caesar basing. No plan to engage in competitions so we are happy with that.

I do think warbands look better 4 deep, shame ADLG does not have that option.

Have some metal GB Arthurians so planning to use the GB plastic ones to flesh them out. Saxon Miniatures had some greens recently of Arthur's knights which looked very good. Footsore is another option.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 03, 2017 9:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Garry Grant a écrit:
These are well done and I like the idea of generic barbarians - have adopted that with my non-falx armed Dacians. Planning to use them in say Gallic, Germanic and even Arthurian British armies.

Our little group has settled on 80mm bases - flows from 40mm square Hail Caesar basing. No plan to engage in competitions so we are happy with that.

I do think warbands look better 4 deep, shame ADLG does not have that option.

Have some metal GB Arthurians so planning to use the GB plastic ones to flesh them out. Saxon Miniatures had some greens recently of Arthur's knights which looked very good. Footsore is another option.

I agree they do look good, however I don't think there would be any real game-level problem with using 60x60 / 80x60 or 40x40 (in 15mm) basing for all close formation foot and adding in extra ranks to fill out the bases.

To be honest part of the reason for using 60x40 is in case/when the next set of rules comes along in a few years it might well need some single-based DBx-based figures, as per all previous sets Ive played. So, as well as these "double based" units I do have a few single-ranked ones too to 'make change' if needed in future
Snowcat
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 04, 2017 7:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Liking those wedges! Smile

Cheers

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: