Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
RULE QUESTIONS/COMMENTS &AND GREETINGS FROM GREECE.!!
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
gregfilip
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 20, 2017 7:30 am    Sujet du message: RULE QUESTIONS/COMMENTS &AND GREETINGS FROM GREECE.!! Répondre en citant
GREETINGS from beautiful greece.
The greek meta is active again ,our club HOPLON located in PATRAS is back again ,focusing on participating on international events.
My first question is.
Is it possible for a group of chargers perfectly line up with the enemy and inside 1ud to charge by wheel?
2] 180 TURN
I try to find out what does reflect the easyness of unit groups mtd+foot even heavy of turning 180 and move back and 180 again and move or even charge in next round.
WAS it made for game purposes only?
I must admit i like it though!
THNX
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 20, 2017 8:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1/ As you are within 1 UD from the enemy, you are not allowed to wheel more than necessary to be aligned to the most threatening enemy (p34 1st para, 2nd bullet and 2nd para) so your group must charge straight forward and conform to the enemy line. As your move is 1 UD straight, it is a free move (spontaneous charge p22)
2/ units, except light troops are allowed to perform only one 90 or 180 deg per move. Most of them loosing 1 UD in the move and non-manoeuvrable 2 UD. Undertaking such move in vicinity of the enemy could be dangerous.
gregfilip
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 6:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In my second question i wanted to highlight that a unit having made a 180 turn and with enemy in its rear according to rules can easily make a 180 turn again if wants next round and face the enemy or even charge the enemy according 2 rules ,with just a penalty in moving distance ,without loosing cohesion at all.
That seemed to me a little awkward historically ,
though i liked it in game terms.
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 7:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
gregfilip a écrit:
In my second question i wanted to highlight that a unit having made a 180 turn and with enemy in its rear according to rules can easily make a 180 turn again if wants next round and face the enemy or even charge the enemy according 2 rules ,with just a penalty in moving distance ,without loosing cohesion at all.
That seemed to me a little awkward historically ,
though i liked it in game terms.

you can effectively do this manoeuvre but only outside enemy range and, of course outside any ZOC in order to avoid any cohesion loss. (p34 leaving a ZOC). That mean the manoeuver is done in a relatively safe area, without enemy pressure.
Now, upon modern cavalry command rules, it is very easy to order a "volte", then another, keeping the unit cohesion. I is also easy to do the same with an infantry unit (even the fact if I have not command any troop since a while...)
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 21, 2017 6:30 pm    Sujet du message: Re: RULE QUESTIONS/COMMENTS &AND GREETINGS FROM GREECE.! Répondre en citant
gregfilip a écrit:

My first question is.
Is it possible for a group of chargers perfectly line up with the enemy and inside 1ud to charge by wheel?

Commodore answered this. One addition to your answer. Sometimes you are within 1 UD of a unit that does not ZOC you. Then you could charge with a wheel.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: