Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Impetuous Medium Infantry Vs Cavalry
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 15, 2015 8:09 pm    Sujet du message: Impetuous Medium Infantry Vs Cavalry Répondre en citant
Impetuous foot are described as similar to Impact foot.
Impact foot lose their impact bonus when charged by Impact cavalry or if the Impact foot charge against cavalry.

Do these restrictions also apply to Impetuous foot charging or being charged by cavalry?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 16, 2015 2:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes

you can read it several ways but they all come out as impetuous foot get nothing versus mounted.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 16, 2015 10:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, could you expand on this, because it does not seem clear from the wording on P17.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 17, 2015 12:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I read through the relevant sections of the rulebook this morning and it seems pretty clear to me that impetuous units follow all the normal rules for 'impact'. As such, they will loose their +1 when charging horse, or being charged by impact horse.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 17, 2015 3:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
correct!
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, perhaps this is another case where the sense has been 'lost in translation. The English wording is
Citation:
These units rely on the shock power of their charge to disrupt the enemy and so the have a similar ability to Impact (except scythed chariots).
In English the word "similar" is not the equivalent of "the same", it denotes that there are some differences and implies that the Impact ability is only applied as described in the Impetuous paragraph.

Better wording would be
Citation:
Impetuous units (except scythed chariots) rely on the shock of their charge to disrupt the enemy, so they gain "Impact" and follow the impact rules above. However, the Impact of Impetuous foot is cancelled . . . .etc
This means they follow the Impact rules except where stated
I never roll a six
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:19 pm    Sujet du message: Medium impetuous swordsmen v cavalry Répondre en citant
If impetuous medium swordsmen are charged by non-impact medium cavalry or light chariots, what factors apply?

Do the infantry get a net +2 drm, I.e +1 for being medium swordsmen and +1 for being impetuous?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:33 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Medium impetuous swordsmen v cavalry Répondre en citant
I never roll a six a écrit:
If impetuous medium swordsmen are charged by non-impact medium cavalry or light chariots, what factors apply?

Do the infantry get a net +2 drm, I.e +1 for being medium swordsmen and +1 for being impetuous?

Yes infantry get +2
MC will also get +2 versus MI
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 02, 2015 5:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Ok, perhaps this is another case where the sense has been 'lost in translation. The English wording is
Citation:
These units rely on the shock power of their charge to disrupt the enemy and so the have a similar ability to Impact (except scythed chariots).
In English the word "similar" is not the equivalent of "the same", it denotes that there are some differences and implies that the Impact ability is only applied as described in the Impetuous paragraph.

Better wording would be
Citation:
Impetuous units (except scythed chariots) rely on the shock of their charge to disrupt the enemy, so they gain "Impact" and follow the impact rules above. However, the Impact of Impetuous foot is cancelled . . . .etc
This means they follow the Impact rules except where stated

Maybe better yes, ... but given we know this has been translated from French, and also that there is no text in the rules to describe these hypothetical outcomes that are "similar but not the same" I'm not sure this ends up being able to be read as anything other than Impetuous being a characteristic of the troop type which in some circumstances means they benefit from the impact ability .*

(*say the sometime Malifaux player, where figures start with characteristics , and can gain, and can be given abilities which are sometimes the same as the base characteristics..)

diego66ro
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 12, 2015 9:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I really appreciate a kind reply from the author.
Impetuous rules (p.17) says: the impact of impetuous foot is cancelled when charging non-impetuous medium and heavy swordmen.

The rules dont' say: when charging non-impetuous medium and heavy swordmen or mounted, correct?

I think that impact of impetuous troops is different from impact of non-impetuous troops, it's a sort of "special impact", so it's ALWAYS valid, but for foot other than against non-impetuous medium or heavy swordmen.

Besides, the fact that impact of impetuos troops remains valid if these target troops are contacted on their flank or rear (p.17) it's, IMHO, another reason to say that this impact is particular (note that standard impact rule is only valid for a charge on the front - p.17)

If the author will confirm what I've written, does impetuos mounted have ALWAYS impact, also in terrain or against Elephant?

Does "impact rule" overwrite "impetuous rule"?
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 13, 2015 11:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well, lot of water will flow under the bridges before I'll go in England for a tournament ... to more differences. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 13, 2015 4:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
diego66ro a écrit:
I really appreciate a kind reply from the author.

I think that impact of impetuous troops is different from impact of non-impetuous troops, it's a sort of "special impact", so it's ALWAYS valid, but for foot other than against non-impetuous medium or heavy swordmen.

If the author will confirm what I've written, does impetuos mounted have ALWAYS impact, also in terrain or against Elephant?

Does "impact rule" overwrite "impetuous rule"?

You've written so many things here that are inaccurate.
I am not the author but I do read the rules and play a lot.

Suffice it to say you are essentaily entirely wrong. Impetuous gives you impact under circumstances.
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 13, 2015 6:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good evening.

You must consider the impact ability of impetuous foots exactly in the same way that for non impetuous. So this ability doesn't apply against impact mounted troops.
The slight difference (which explains the wording "similar") is that non impetuous medium and heavy foots cancel impact ability of impetuous foots when they stand against a frontal charge of those impetuous. But only in a frontal charge situation, otherwise, if impetuous are charging flank's ou rear's medium or heavy non impetuous, their impact ability does apply.

"sic transit gloria mundi"
diego66ro
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 13, 2015 7:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
plefebvre a écrit:
Good evening.

You must consider the impact ability of impetuous foots exactly in the same way that for non impetuous. So this ability doesn't apply against impact mounted troops.
The slight difference (which explains the wording "similar") is that non impetuous medium and heavy foots cancel impact ability of impetuous foots when they stand against a frontal charge of those impetuous. But only in a frontal charge situation, otherwise, if impetuous are charging flank's ou rear's medium or heavy non impetuous, their impact ability does apply.

Many thanks.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: