Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
4U constraint when moving
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 07, 2015 10:54 am    Sujet du message: 4U constraint when moving Répondre en citant
I played a game last night where several questions arose around movement within and across the "4U barrier", and the impact on the movement of multiple groups, especially with regards to the timing of events during the actions taken by one player.
  1. In one instance, an Ambush marker was revealed to be a fake, in another, some enemy Light Horse evaded a charge.
    In both cases I had other units that started outside 4U from the location of the enemy "unit". Can these other units make multiple moves within 4U of the point where the enemy "unit" was originally located?

2. Can a unit that starts the turn within 4U of a fake ambush marker or evading enemy unit make multiple moves if they start their move outside 4U from enemy (because the original enemy unit / marker has moved away)?

Also, when an Ambush is revealed
  1. If the Ambush is fake, can the unit / group that revealed the fake Ambush make a further move?
  2. If the Ambush is real, when can a different unit / group charge the revealed enemy, can they charge immediately or must they wait until the next turn?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 07, 2015 7:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My understanding is that the 4UD "barrier" is calculated when the unit in question starts to move. So, for instance, one unit could reveal a fake ambush or cause an enemy unit to evade away and thus free up a different unit to make a march move.

Marc
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 10, 2015 12:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
babyshark a écrit:
My understanding is that the 4UD "barrier" is calculated when the unit in question starts to move. So, for instance, one unit could reveal a fake ambush or cause an enemy unit to evade away and thus free up a different unit to make a march move.

Marc

Hi Marc, I too assumed that the 4UD barrier wd be calculated at the moment a unit began to move. However, when I asked a slightly different question on the forum (Second and Third Moves, back on the first page):

"What happens if there was an enemy within 4 UD at the start of a player's movement phase, but that enemy has been driven-away before a unit starts to move?"

Two experienced players said that in that case the unit could not multi-move.

Tho my question was narrower than Ramesses' one in that I asked about units that began their bound within 4UD of an opponent, even if that opponent had been driven-off before they started to move. I would be interested in finding out more about this.

Alan
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 10, 2015 5:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi fellows !!!

You cannot make several moves if, at any time of your movement phase, your unit is less than 4 UD from any ennemy unit , including any ambush marker. That's to say that if you are in such a situation at the beginning of your mouvement phase, you will not be allowed to make a second or third move, even if this enemy was a fake ambusch or a light troop who evaded.

A unit who reveals an ambush cannot charge it if it's a real one. It must stop just 1 UD from it. If it's a fake one, it can complete it's move but cannot make a second one.

I hope my English is good enough for your good understanding !!!

bye

"sic transit gloria mundi"
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 12, 2015 11:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
plefebvre a écrit:
Hi fellows !!!

You cannot make several moves if, at any time of your movement phase, your unit is less than 4 UD from any ennemy unit , including any ambush marker. That's to say that if you are in such a situation at the beginning of your mouvement phase, you will not be allowed to make a second or third move, even if this enemy was a fake ambusch or a light troop who evaded.

A unit who reveals an ambush cannot charge it if it's a real one. It must stop just 1 UD from it. If it's a fake one, it can complete it's move but cannot make a second one.

bye

Patrick, thank you for helping with this. Your English is good and clear. It is much better than my French! I wonder if you could help with a further question:

In the example you gave a unit (we could call that unit A) has found that the ambush is fake. A cannot make a second move. Imagine there is a second unit on A's side (unit B). It is the same bound (turn) but B begins to move after A has found that the ambush is fake. B started more than 4 UD from the fake ambush. B moves within 4 UD of the place where the fake ambush marker was. If there are no other enemy troops nearby, can B make a second move that bound (turn)?

With thanks and best wishes,

Alan
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 12, 2015 12:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
When an ambush appears to be a fake, it's marker is immediatly removed, so it doesn't exist anymore.

Consequently , if B is more than 4 UD of this marker at the beginning of the movement phase, it can move 2 or 3 three times (providing, of course, that it remains out of 4 UD of any other enemy unit)

Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 12, 2015 8:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks patrick, that corresponds with the views of others in our club.

What is your view on the question of when 'real' ambushes may be charged by a group other than the one that revealed the ambush? Can the second group charge immediately, or must they wait for the next turn?
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 13, 2015 9:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, an other group can charge this "real" ambush in the same turn.

lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 13, 2015 5:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
plefebvre a écrit:
Hi fellows !!!

bye

it's better than mine!
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
To support everything that has been posted. The rules are VERY clear.
Page 32. 1st bullet.

"During the entire movement phase..."
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 10:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Hazelbark. To summarise;
  1. An Ambush marker is treated in all respects as an enemy unit up to the point where it is revealed to be a blank. At that point it is removed and has no impact on any units that started outside 4U from it.
  2. If an Ambush marker is revealed to contain one or more units, these may be charged immediately by other units that are in range.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 28, 2015 10:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
yes

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: