Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ambush behind hills
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Nostrebor
Archer

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 03, 2015 6:46 pm    Sujet du message: Ambush behind hills Répondre en citant
On page 70 the first bullet of placing ambushes states
"All units of the ambush must form a valid group and must be in side of the terrain or out of sight of the enemy when the ambush is placed"

Does "when the ambush is placed" apply to when the marker was placed during deployment or when the units are placed when the ambush is revealed. The only time I think the meaning matters is when an ambush is behind a hill or other blocking terrain and an enemy unit moves and gets line of sight. In this case the units cannot be placed "out of sight".
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 07, 2015 4:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You have to consider a line of sight from any part of the ennemy deployment zone to the ambush marker.
Nostrebor
Archer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 07, 2015 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So in theory you could place a unit that is in ambush behind a hill in a position that is not visible from the enemy's deployment area, but has long been visible to enemy units after they have moved?

Do you have to deploy an ambush hidden behind a hill when the marker becomes visible to an enemy unit or when an enemy unit gets within one MU?
I never roll a six
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 14, 2015 6:05 am    Sujet du message: Revealing ambushes Répondre en citant
My understanding is that an ambush behind a hill, but in open ground, would be revealed as soon as the enemy can trace a clear line of sight to the ambush marker.
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 14, 2015 7:21 am    Sujet du message: Re: Revealing ambushes Répondre en citant
I never roll a six a écrit:
My understanding is that an ambush behind a hill, but in open ground, would be revealed as soon as the enemy can trace a clear line of sight to the ambush marker.

I agree

http://backtotheminis.blogspot.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"would be" but "don't have to" Wink
so if I remeber you have to reveal an ambush only when an opponent approach 1 UD of it.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: