Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Corpsbuilding with impetous troops
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 15, 2014 6:03 pm    Sujet du message: Corpsbuilding with impetous troops Répondre en citant
Does it make sense to line 2 rows of impetous groups of units behind each other?

My idea is to build a corps of 6 units of impetous troops. Line up 3 of them and another line in contact behind. They can get moved as a unit all together. If the opponent gets in charge range I let only the first row charge and try to hold the 2nd line. 2 of those holded units will go around the flank which is the best or move in support while the 3rd unit secure the other flank or move to support if possible.

It might be possible to build 4 units in the front and 2 in the 2nd line of my starting group. The rest will be the same.

Sense or no sense?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 15, 2014 6:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hmmm. Why not. It can work, especially against spearmen, or possiby against pikemen. A bit more doubtful when facing footmen, but who knows? I'd say try it first. But bear in mind the impetuous strenght lies in numbers when charging.

on the other hand, your second line could be a welcome reserve.

thinking hard I see Wink

http://backtotheminis.blogspot.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 15, 2014 7:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Two lines of troops may work in some circumstances, but will cost you between 14 and 16 points per unit frontage....I suspect that you would get more bank for your buck by having a single line of troops and manoeuvring around your enemy's flank.[size=18][/size][size=12][/size]
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 16, 2014 8:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You mean spreading the whole of the 6 units in one single line? I thought about that. The downside would be that i cant decide on the situation if i go for the overlaps on the right or left.

Or is it possible with the 1 MU slide to move the line of 6 enough to be flexoble where to overlap and go for the flank?
Apa
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Chris,

I think you should use them in a single line.
A corps made of impetuous HI is often deployed in the center of your army. Generally your opponent has also a strong corps in front of yours and generally 3 units are not enough to avoid overlaps. So prefer one single line.
And impetuous HI are not so easy to manoeuver (only 2 MU and they sometimes need more CP) that you can freely move to achieve your plan.

If you want to protect your flanks or try to overlap your enemy, take one or two Cv in the corps. They can act as a reserve some distance behind your first line and strike where you need to. Or they can fill a gap in the first line.

Another solution is to put 1 MI behind each HI at both ends of the line (so the corps is 8 units). But it works well if the MIs are not impetuous because impetuous units need to move all their mvt capacity or pay 2 CPs. But I think you can’t have them with the Gauls.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The principal problem with impetuous troup is manoeuvrability.
And the cost of movement too.

Never try very complex move with this troups.
Your initial position is so very important.

And as Apa write, it's better to secure impetuous'flanks with regular troup.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: