Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
New Orleans December 11-12 2021
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 03, 2021 9:53 pm    Sujet du message: New Orleans December 11-12 2021 Répondre en citant
Date: Dec 11-12, 2021
Location: Three B’s Burger and Wine Bar, 3322 N. Turnbull Drive, Metairie, LA 70002
www.threebs.com

Numerous Hotels in the area. Causeway and Veterans in Metairie is the main intersection. If you need a ride from the airport, please let me know. My Office is within 1 mile.

Rules: ADLG V4

Map Size: 20x30 MU (Proper tables will be used, i.e, 36 inch depth with table toppers)

Army Lists: Standard ADLG rules, 15mm, 200 points, 5 games,

Armies 1-37 and 283-300

Costs: $25 per person, including lunch. Dinner on your own, but suggested at the venue.

Full Bar available all day

5 Rounds. All rounds will be 2.25 hours with 3-5 minutes of random time. Defender will get last bound, 7 turn minimum; blitz will be used if necessary. Setup should not take more than 15 minutes. Round 1 starts at 9:00 sharp.

Saturday, December 11, 2021
Rd 1 9:00 AM
Rd 2 1:00 PM
Rd 3 4:00 PM
Rd 4 8:00 PM
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Rd 5 9:00 AM

Tournament Scoring System will be the French 100 point system.

Email Army Lists to hilton@admin1s.com by December 6, 2021.
Biblical Armies are available for use. Please email hilton@admin1s.com for available armies.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 05, 2021 2:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Date: Dec 11-12, 2021
Location: Three B’s Burger and Wine Bar, 3322 N. Turnbull Drive, Metairie, LA 70002
www.threebs.com

Numerous Hotels in the area. Causeway and Veterans in Metairie is the main intersection. If you need a ride from the airport, please let me know. My Office is within 1 mile.

Rules: ADLG V4

Map Size: 20x30 MU (Proper tables will be used, i.e, 36 inch depth with table toppers)

Army Lists: Standard ADLG rules, 15mm, 200 points, 5 games,

Armies 1-37 and 283-300

Costs: $25 per person, including lunch. Dinner on your own, but suggested at the venue.

Full Bar available all day

5 Rounds. All rounds will be 2.25 hours with 3-5 minutes of random time. Defender will get last bound, 7 turn minimum; blitz will be used if necessary. Setup should not take more than 15 minutes. Round 1 starts at 9:00 sharp.

Saturday, December 11, 2021
Rd 1 9:00 AM
Rd 2 1:00 PM
Rd 3 4:00 PM
Rd 4 8:00 PM
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Rd 5 9:00 AM

Tournament Scoring System will be the French 100 point system.

Email Army Lists to hilton@admin1s.com by December 6, 2021.
Biblical Armies are available for use. Please email hilton@admin1s.com for available armies.

Lists are due to Hilton on Monday the 6th.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 10, 2021 12:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
From Hilton:

The Unwashed Masses have been heard! Here is a list of players and participating armies. I will leave it for the peanut gallery to try to match player and army. Players are in alphabetical order, armies in numerical order, so any connection is purely coincidental.

Players

Scott Allen
Mike Badeaux
Bill Bailey
Walt Burgoyne
Lee Cleveland
Kevin Donovan
Derek Hannon
Chuck Hines
Chris Johnston
Joey Miller
Mike Monahan
Steve Payne
Boyd Petty
Steve Roper
Bill Sierichs
Chris Swearingen

Armies

7 Assyrian x2
9 Sargonid Assyrian
17 Ancient Bedouin
20 Hittite
22 Syria, Canaan & Ugarit
24 Sea Peoples
25 Philistine
28 Medes x2
30 Mycenaean
35 Vedic Indian x2
37 Zhou & Spring and Autumn Chinese
289 Aztec
298 N. American Tribes

What can be discerned from this rabble? One thing for sure. Some people have to try to break anything that they think is nice. Who brings elephant armies to a nice, civilized chariot event?

Please bring a mat if you have one. We are in short supply.

Have safe travels, and we will see everyone soon.

Hilton
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 14, 2021 8:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
What were the results?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 14, 2021 9:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
ethan a écrit:
What were the results?

Derek won.

The rest of us did not.

I’m sure Hilton will send out more complete results at an appropriate time.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 15, 2021 1:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
(Posting this for Hilton)
All,

Here are the results of the event, which was enjoyed by all, especially after Rd. 2, when I did not have to play and was able to relax. Very few rules issues, and all were on best behavior, even Monahan!

Place Name Points Army

1. Derek Hannon 454 Ugarit
2. Scott Allen 364 Assyrian
3. Joey Miller 320 Assyrian
4. Steve Payne 279 Philistine
5. Steve Roper 251 Sea Peoples
6. Kevin Donovan 244 Spring & Autumn Chinese
7. Chris Swearengin 237 N. American Indian
8. Walt Burgoyne 231 Aztec
9. Mike Monahan 227 Sargonid
10. Chuck Hines 225 Vedic Indian
11. Bill Sierichs 211 Hittite
12. Lee Cleveland 185 Myceneaen
13.* Hilton McManus 109 NKE
14.* Mike Badeaux 100 Medes
15.* Boyd Petty 69 Vedic Indian
16.* Bill Bailey 60 Early Bedouin

Finishers 13-16 played 2 games only.

So, what can be discerned after this event, versus the event last held under version 3.0 in December of 2019?

First, I think that it appears that the armouring of Lt. Chariots defintely allows them to compete, not necessarily defeat in every instance, the impact heavy chariots. The addition of armour allows the Lt. Chariots to stand toe to toe, if they survive the impact. I watched fairly carefully Scott Allen's Assyrians with 10 Lt. Chariots, 4 elite armoured, 4 armoured and 2 ordinary Lt. Chariots defeat Kevin Donovan's Chinese with 9 Heavy Chariots. And, trust me, there were no tactics involved or displayed, especially on the part of Scott! He stood, never evading, and ultimately won a close game. Granted, the Assyrian foot is better than the Chinese foot, but this was a chariot on chariot smash.

The other thing is the idea of allowing the Meso American lists in a Chariot event. I guess it is ok, but not sure if it really adds anything. Most of these armies are still limited, and MF just has a tough time in the areas if the board where they have to face mounted. I did not really watch too many of the games, but I did see the matchup between Derek Hannon's Ugarits and Chris Swearengin's "Orriquis" and it was not very pretty.

Next year, maybe some tinkering with the army lists allowed. I really do like the idea of a tight tournament with lists 1-30, and would have to be convinced to let the Chinese, Indians and Meso American lists in. A proper bribe is always a start.

Finally, it was a new venue, and I enjoyed it, but I could have done a better job with the timing of games. I should have allowed a break between games 3 and 4 on Saturday, as this would have allowed a meal. Comments always welcome.

Thanks again to everyone, and Kudos to Derek, who won all 5 games, a feat which is not easily achieved. Derek took no prisoners this weekend. His Round 1 win vs Steve Payne was his closest, as Derek lost 22/25 elements before taking Steve down. His quickest? Well, I will let Joey Miller discuss with the list.

Hilton

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: