Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Early Samurai
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 25, 2020 1:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I play a beautifull late samurais army (Two dragon miniatures) as early samurai. For the Emishi, I play mounted monks. It' not really historical but they are really different from other troops.

My army list represent more the late period of the early samurai army.

Here some pictures :

(as you can see a very concentrated deployment) Twisted Evil

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 25, 2020 2:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very nice Samurai.
I am going with figures from Euekea as they are available locally in Oz. They just do not a Emishi figure. International mail is really hit and miss at the moment so I hoping not to have order anything from the UK or US until things improve.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 25, 2020 4:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I play 1/72 plastic figurines
Samurais are a mix of Zvezda, Redbox and Hytty
Ashigarus too, with some gamepieces of Shogun boardgame.
Emishis are Zvezda Scythians, mounted on stags, aka Princess Mononoke!
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 20, 2020 11:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I have started work on the Samurai army. It will take me several months to get it painted. Once it is ready for action I will post how it preforms in combat.
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 22, 2020 6:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dont forget sachimono ! A opponent said to me at a tournament that with all this sachimono, my army seem have a lot more units than it has really Twisted Evil
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 22, 2020 11:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Every time I see an Akira Kurosawa movie. I want this army.

Keep playing with the Sashimono.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 23, 2020 8:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Soranon a écrit:
Dont forget sachimono ! A opponent said to me at a tournament that with all this sachimono, my army seem have a lot more units than it has really Twisted Evil

Sachimonos look good but they did not come into use until the mid 1400s. As I am doing the Fedual Samurai no Sachimonos for me but each unit is getting a banner so that wil add some colour.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 07, 2020 4:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Down to one base of Samurai, the camp and the LH to go. I have started thinking about the factors which brings up Heavy Knights how does this army deal with an opponent who has heavy knights?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So heavy knights, which I've used with rather good success are fundamentally a brute force straight ahead army. If you accept battle on those terms you will lose.

You are likely to have more units and more mobility. Possibly better command.

So you want to be deployed in a way to force the knights to turn and you to possibly threaten both flanks.

If you put a small corps of say 4 units of bow or cavalry on one side of the board, the knights have to deploy more like 7-8 units to contain and crush them. If they don't deploy more, you likely can dodge away and 3-4 units that chased you can be left behind. Either way this should give you the ability to create a temporary advantage on the other wing.

You want to attack versus knights so you can pin them to single moves from the first turn. The Samurai don't have enough skirmishers, but you need to use them and even empty ambushes to prevent the knights from jumping on you too hard.

Constantly twist the opponent. Thing of this as you are a slightly built judo person and the knights are Heavy weight boxer. If you get pinned against the edge, you will get hurt. Better to leave a unit behind and maneuver to their flank than get 3-5 in a stand up slug fest.

terrain. Obviously. Now I would be willing and have dismounted a knight and they are still dangerous in rough, but you should win with numbers.

do everything you can to get the knights in multiple directions.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So heavy knights, which I've used with rather good success are fundamentally a brute force straight ahead army. If you accept battle on those terms you will lose.

You are likely to have more units and more mobility. Possibly better command.

So you want to be deployed in a way to force the knights to turn and you to possibly threaten both flanks.

If you put a small corps of say 4 units of bow or cavalry on one side of the board, the knights have to deploy more like 7-8 units to contain and crush them. If they don't deploy more, you likely can dodge away and 3-4 units that chased you can be left behind. Either way this should give you the ability to create a temporary advantage on the other wing.

You want to attack versus knights so you can pin them to single moves from the first turn. The Samurai don't have enough skirmishers, but you need to use them and even empty ambushes to prevent the knights from jumping on you too hard.

Constantly twist the opponent. Thing of this as you are a slightly built judo person and the knights are Heavy weight boxer. If you get pinned against the edge, you will get hurt. Better to leave a unit behind and maneuver to their flank than get 3-5 in a stand up slug fest.

terrain. Obviously. Now I would be willing and have dismounted a knight and they are still dangerous in rough, but you should win with numbers.

do everything you can to get the knights in multiple directions.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 11, 2020 5:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for your advice I appreciate the tips.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 28, 2020 8:25 am    Sujet du message: Samurai vs Goth AAR Répondre en citant
The Samurai had their first battle on Friday night, I was using Soranon’s list against the Goths. Which meant facing off 16 bases of impetuous cavalry most of it heavy. There were 4 bases of Hun light cavalry as well as a couple of bases each of light foot and bowmen, 24 bases of Goths vs 20 bases of Samurai.
The terrain fell in favour of the Samurai and I completely neglected to use it to my advantage. I placed the Mounted Samurai on the right wing but I should have place them in the centre and placed a foot command on that wing anchoring in the field. Due to less than ideal deployment I was forced to put the mediocre spearmen in to the frontline to match the width of the Goths.
Only having one light horse in each command meant soon both wings had none has the Goths had two bases of LH on each wing. So personal I will change Soranon’s list to move the centre LH to the Cavalry command giving it two LH.
In the first round of shooting the Samurai hit well above the statistical amount they should have. All the Goth med cavalry took a hit and about half the shots fired at the Goth Heavy cavalry scores hits. This at face value appeared to be pretty devastating and there was still another round of shooting to go. In the second round of shooting there were only a couple of hits on the Goths with one or two bases ending up with two hits before melee.
The Samurai cavalry vs the Goth elite heavy cavalry. The Goths had hits on two of their cavalry. The Samurai cavalry managed to engineer an overlap then proceed to roll some good dice for serval rounds of combat which results Goth down 2, Samurai nil.
The Samurai centre command fought the Goth med cavalry plus some heavy cavalry from each of the Goth Wings.
The Mediocre spearmen of course fought two bases of Goth elite heavy cavalry, the spearmen lasted two rounds – enough said.
The Goth med cavalry faced off against the elite Samurai, the Goths all had a shooting hit when they charged home they lasted two or three rounds but one base did hold on for four rounds. The rest of the centre Samurai fought against heavy cavalry the lack of armour hindered them as the Goths were adding one to their roll on loses which quite often made it a tie or changed two hits to one hit and saved the unit from routing. Samurai 1 to 2 against the Goths in metal.
The left wing well it made the tactical mistake that cost the Samurai the win. First there was a gap in the line when the Huns took out the Emeshi which enable a Hun base to loot the camp. The big mistake was when the Samuari in the middle of line took out the Goths in front of them, and in the Samurai turn moved forward so to position themselves for a flank change at the Goths fighting the mediocre spearmen. Except the spearmen were not clear on this part of the plan and one of them folded and the Goths were able to hit the flank of Samurai and break it which a cohesion loss the base next to it. This was enough points for the Samurai to break but fortunately there enough dead Goths on the ground that caused them to break as well.

If someone can tell me how to insert a photo you will be able to see the deployment.

[img] [/img]
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 31, 2021 11:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If I decide to dismount Samurai Heavy Cavalry what to they dismount as? The list does not specify they dismount as foot Samurai.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 01, 2021 9:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In the absence of any special rules they dismount as Bowmen with Armour (P19).
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Fév 07, 2021 3:52 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This Friday my early Samurai are going to take on a Classical Indian army. I am debating do I take fields or Plantations as my terrain choice? Is there a better terrain choice that will reduce the Elephants combat factors but no affect my shooting or MF swordsmen melee factors?

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: