Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
How bad is my list?
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
DarkBlack
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 1:32 am    Sujet du message: How bad is my list? Répondre en citant
I'm new to ADLG but I have played other historical rule sets. Here is my Medieval German (227) list, what are the obvious mistakes?
The troops are mostly based on which figures are painted, but I'm not sure about the command structure. The idea is that the competent commanders run the wings (one to attack in the open and one for terrain) and that I don't need much to run the pointy sticks.

Medieval German 1426-1450 AD
200 points

C-in-C Competent Commander
4x Heavy knights impact
2x Medium cavalry crossbow
4x Light cavalry bow

Sub Competent Commander
3x Medium spearmen
3x Crossbowmen
2x light infantry crossbow
2x Light infantry firearm, elite

Sub Ordinary Commander
3x Heavy spearmen
2x Pikemen, mediocre
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So you have created mono-dimensional Corps. People often do this but the by product is a lot of rigidity in deployment. You have only one maneuver Corps and one rough terrain Corps.

I recommend for beginners to avoid lots of MI to start. The competent Corps is large enough to be a major loss, but not enough muscle to defend itself from attack.

The HI Corps needs 1 LI. Otherwise it is an ok hold a flank.

Massed Crossbow like this do not have the firepower to hold off a determined attack, so your Knight Corps will have to win elsewhere.

https://www.madaxeman.com/adlg/tiki-index.php?page=Medieval+German
Has lots of lists of varying value

If you look those over and pick one we can discuss its merits and doctrine.
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 4:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
A few other things to ponder. You have 4 light cavalry, which is either too few or too many, IMHO. Especially if they are all in one place. Ask yourself what you intend to achieve with them, and edit accordingly. Two of them will get you the +1 initiative bonus and six of them will get you the +2 bonus. Four is neither here nor

Also, your light foot might be better distributed. The pointy sticks command could use a couple to act as screens against enemy shooting (the pike mediocre are surprisingly vulnerable) and to contest a terrain piece if one should land to the flank of the heavy units. The terrain command cannot be in two places at once.

In the same vein as what Hazelbark posted, I have found real value in having at least one command that can do two things, say mounted plus foot, or heavy foot plus medium foot. Whatever suits your playing style and your idea of how your army will win games. That command can give you a deployment advantage because you can flip flop the troops types depending on circumstances as they develop.

Marc
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 6:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You have a +2 initiative (+1 from command and +1 from LH). There is a great chance that you will defend, so what is your plan with each command?

The mounted corps is mixed with 3 different groups: Kn at 3 UD, for contact; Cav xbow at 4 UD for shooting ( but with 0 protection, so beware other shooters) and LH bow at 5 UD for skirmish and blocking evade. You will have 3 groups to handle, and Cav can't interpenetrate Kn->beware of evading!

The MI corps is too small and frail to be a threat by itself. You will encounter Kn or HI and they will doom this corps in open terrain. In rough, what will he do against MI impact?

The HI corps will often face a group of 6 units, so risk to be turned... and he lacks a screen of LI, to soften the adversary and oppose ennemy LI. You will face generally 4 shootings before closing to contact, and that will be 53% chance of taking at least 1 cohesion loss -> you stop and attempt rally ( and risk more loss) or you fight at disadvantage. And if you face LMI or mixed, that's a 73% of disorder before contact...

My advices:

keep only 2 LH with tha Kn, they will harass the ennemy and block evade

pass the Cav with the others corps, they will provide a flanking unit and a mobile troop to slow advancing units.

give at least 2 LI to the heavy corps

with the 12 points you can add 1LI+ 1 MI or 1 HI + command

More important, test your composition against others armies, and adapt to your style.
Enjoy
Very Happy Very Happy
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 9:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
On the basis that you are using all of the painted miniatures at your disposal, I would re-arrange the list as follows:

Command A (+1)
4 x Heavy knight impact
2 x Pike inferior
2 x Light foot crossbow

Command B (unreliable +1)
2 x Light cavalry bow
2 x Heavy cavalry crossbow
4 x Crossbow

Command C (+1)
3 x Heavy spear
2 x Medium spear
1 x Light foot bow
1 x Heavy knight impact

Initiative +2
Moral 23
Points 199

You will need to paint up 1 x crossbow and 1 x heavy knight, but this list should give you a few more options.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 21, 2020 9:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thinking about it, you could upgrade the light foot bow in Command C to light foot handgun elite and use up your last point.

Jesse
DarkBlack
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 22, 2020 3:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you all. I will mix up my commands.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: