Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Schiltron Redux - 21st & 22nd March 2020 - Grangemouth.
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 10, 2019 8:45 am    Sujet du message: Schiltron Redux - 21st & 22nd March 2020 - Grangemouth. Répondre en citant
Hello,
Due to a combination of circumstances, George is unable to run Schiltron next year, although he hopes to be back at the reins in 2021. Rather than cancel next year's bash, and after consultation with George and other interested parties, Falkirk and District Wargames Club will take on running for 2020. The details are set out below. We'll have the Club's Facebook page updated with similar details imminently, so if any further details are required please get in touch either here or there.
Please note the later start time for the Saturday.

Dates and venue: 21st and 22nd March 2020 at the Beancross & Newlands Community Centre, Montgomery Street, Grangemouth, Scotland FK3 8QR

http://www.falkirkwargamesclub.org.uk/FDWC_AboutUs.php

Maximum number of players: As many as want to play, it's a decent sized hall and we've got plenty of tables
Number of rounds: 5 games - 3 on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday
Format: 200 points, single list
Scale: 15 mm
Theme: The Dark Ages - 500 AD to 1000 AD inclusive. No medieval knights and no elephants, contemporaneous allies only.
Special procedures: Version 3 of the rules, with latest FAQs and Amendments.
1st round pairing: No club or family matchups in first 2 rounds, swiss chess thereafter.
Umpire: TBA
Registration: Saturday - meet at the hall at 1200 PM, 1st game start time 1230, Sunday 10 AM for 1030 start. Price is £30, which includes high tea on the Saturday and lunch on the Sunday. Lists checker will be announced shortly, with lists due by the end of February 2020.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 10, 2019 1:32 pm    Sujet du message: Schiltron Redux - Allowed Armies. Répondre en citant
Basic rules
1 Armies listed below can be used along with allies that are both contemperous and included in this list or contemperous and within the main list for an army.
2 Elephants cannot be used. Armies with compulsory elephants have been banned. Armies that could potentially include elephants cannot include them in submitted lists.
3 Army options availablle are from 500 to 1000 AD inclusive.
4 Knights are not allowed unless they are heavy chariots or cataphracts.
Allowed Armies
ID Name
75 Early Arab
78 Vietnamese
95 Gépids, Héruls et Taïfal
96 Franks, Alamanic Burgundian & Suèvi
97 Visigoths in Spain
99 Caledonians, Irish, Scots and Picts
100 Saxons, Angles, Frisons, Jutes
101 Romano-British
108 Alans
109 Sassanid Persian
112 Blemmyes and Nobades
113 Moorish
114 Auximite Kingdom
115 African Vandal
116 Hsiung-Nu
118 Hsien Pi
120 Northern & Southern Dynasties Chinese
122 Three Kingdoms Korean
123 Japanese
124 Emishi
125 Justinian Byzantine
126 Maurkian Byzantine
127 Thematic Byzantine
128 Nikephorian Byzantine
129 Armenian Principate
130 Bagratid Armenian
131 Arab Conquest
132 Umayyad Arab
133 North African Arab
134 Andalusian Arab
135 Abbasid Arab
136 Arab Indian
137 Khurasanian
138 Tulanid Egyptian
139 Bédouin Dynasties
140 Sogdians & Central Asian City States
141 Central Asian States
142 Lombards
143 Italian Ostrogoths
144 Mérovingian Franks
145 Amorican Breton
146 Welsh
147 Anglo-Saxons
148 Feudal Spanish
149 Carolingian Franks
150 Viking & Leidang
151 Feudal Irish
152 Pre-feudal Scots
153 Slavs
154 Avars
155 Bulgars
156 Khazars
157 Serbo-Croatian
158 Magyars
159 Pechengs
160 Russ
161 Christian Nubian
162 Beja
163 Burmese
165 Sui & Tang Chinese
166 Tibetan
168 Nan-Chao & Dali
169 Tang & 5 Dynasties Chinese
170 Sha'to Turkish
171 Tribal Mongolian
172 Franks & Normans
182 Imperial Frankish
191 Buyid
192 Dynastic Kurdish
193 Ghaznavid
194 Fatimid Egyptian
201 Sahelian Empire
202 Tuareg
203 Feudal Polish
211 Kithan-Liao
212 Koryo Korean
213 Medieval Vietnamese
214 Song Chinese
215 Xi-Xia
267 Mayan
268 Zapotèc and Mixtèc
269 Toltec
279 Chichimèc
280 Pueblo Indian
281 American Forest Indian
282 Mississipi Indian
283 Plains Indian
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 21, 2019 6:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I aim to enter this year, how do I register, and also what is the expected finish time on Sunday
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 21, 2019 8:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Mike,
That's great.
We aren't doing a ticket thingy, so consider your place reserved. If you could send me a Private Message through this forum with a contact email so I can you to my updates list please.
We'll be finished by 4pm on the Sunday, barring a major disaster.
Cheers, Gary.
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 19, 2020 11:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good Morning to all,

The closing date for lists for Schiltron 2020 is Saturday 29th February, and lists should be sent to the email address below.

Send your list to -

schiltronlists@gmail.com

A reminder that the theme is 500 AD to 1000 AD inc,with the allowed armies being set out above. Numbers are bubbling along nicely, we've sorted out the prizes etc.

We will supply the dice, and these are the only ones to be used during the competition. We think this worked well at the Open, so we are going to continue the tradition.

As far as payment goes, cash on the day is fine, unless anyone is desperate to pay up front, in which case give me a shout back, or catch any of us at the York show, Gordon Miller is playing in the ADLG competition there and the rest of us should be about the show.

Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 21, 2020 9:46 am    Sujet du message: Schiltron Prizes - Figures for all players Répondre en citant
Good Morning,

An update on Schiltron prizes. Following on from an arrangement George had a couple of tournaments ago, I'm pleased to say that Forged in Battle are very kindly going to sponsor us with packs of their rather excellent figures for those placed, as well as some additional spot prizes. Wendy at FiB has also offered some samples for every player from their cracking new Dark Ages range, due for release at Salute in April. There are YouTube videos of sculpts and additional photographs of production figures on their Dark Ages kick starter pages; check them out for details. So prizes for everyone!

And there's more - Warbases will also sponsor us, so there will be additional goodies, details to follow. Please feel free to share.

Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Fév 11, 2020 5:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
An update - there are 22 players who have made contact and indicated they want to take part, which is rather decent with 6 weeks left to go. I've even had some lists in, and all correct first time as well.

We are at the stage where it would be nice to get an idea as to final numbers, just to start on the catering side, so if you are thinking about playing that you let me know over the next couple of weeks.

Please feel free to circulate this to anyone you think may be interested, and a reminder that the email address for list submission is-

schiltronlists@gmail.com

Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 22, 2020 12:52 pm    Sujet du message: Schiltron update and lists reminder Répondre en citant
Hi Guys,

With a month to the competition and a week to go for list submission, a reminder that next Saturday, 29th February, is the date when lists are due. I've had a few in, all correct first time as well (so far). The normal incentive is that the sooner the lists are in, the sooner the R&R and 1st round draw can be published.

Since Hunter now has a couple of competitions under his belt, and has entered the 2020 Worlds, I fully expect "Spotted Dog Productions" to resume activities.

We have 28 players, Mike Bennett has had to drop out, but we had 5 more confirmed so the numbers are up to 28. I've got a standby player organised in case we end up on odd numbers.

The email address to send lists to is -

schiltronlists@gmail.com

Cheers, Gary
hunterhope
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Fév 27, 2020 12:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Three a écrit:
Hi Guys,

With a month to the competition and a week to go for list submission, a reminder that next Saturday, 29th February, is the date when lists are due. I've had a few in, all correct first time as well (so far). The normal incentive is that the sooner the lists are in, the sooner the R&R and 1st round draw can be published.

Since Hunter now has a couple of competitions under his belt, and has entered the 2020 Worlds, I fully expect "Spotted Dog Productions" to resume activities.

We have 28 players, Mike Bennett has had to drop out, but we had 5 more confirmed so the numbers are up to 28. I've got a standby player organised in case we end up on odd numbers.

The email address to send lists to is -

schiltronlists@gmail.com

Cheers, Gary

The Goodfellahs at Spotted Dog Productions are - as you would expect - on the ball again folks. The dust sheets are off the predictometer paraphanelia and the boffins are anxiously anticipating algorithmic action. Watch this space …….
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 29, 2020 8:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Morning,
A gentle reminder that lists are due in today.
Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 02, 2020 6:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Guys,

R&R set out below, I've done it by club so it's easier for us to do the draw for the 1st round, which I'll get done as quickly as possible. 

FDWC
Gordon Miller – 150. Viking or Leidang
Frazer Watson – 128. Nikephorian Byzantine
Mark Taylor – 127. Thematic Byzantine
John Muir – 212. Koryo Korean
Gary Lind – 131. Arab Conquest
Douglas Thomson – 194. Fatimid Egyptian
Ian Beal – 150. Viking & Leidang
David Burns – 128. Nikephorian Byzantine

Tradeston
Hugh Cameron – 142. Lombard
Alan Cutner – 75. Early Arab
Graham Short – 165. Sui & Tang Chinese
Bill Robertson – 150. Viking & Leidang
Bill Ramsay – 131. Arab Conquest
John McPhail – 144 Merovingian Frankish

Durham
Mal Gordon – 149. Carolingian Frankish
Graeme Carroll – 165. Sui & Tang Chinese
Bob Middlemist – 135. Abbasid Arab
Tony Robinson – 127. Thematic Byzantine
Chris Proudfoot – 202. Tuareg

Carluke
Stuart Livingston – 172. Norman or Frankish
John Preston – 149. Carolingian Frankish

GDWS
George Dick – 149. Carolingian Frankish
John Conley – 268. Zapotec & Mixtec

Elgin
Mike Kemp – 144. Merovingian Frankish

Halifax
Rob Taylor – 202. Tuareg

Hexwar
Keith Martin-Smith – 202. Tuareg

Perth
Jim Copeland – 99. Pictish
Hunter Hope – 132. Umayyad Arab

Cheers, Gary

Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 03, 2020 10:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Guys,

Here it is, the 1st round draw. We combined Falkirk and Tradeston, which is 14 players, as one half of the draw, everyone else as the other half. We felt this was neat and fair, thereby avoiding any of the furthest travelling visitors, even from different clubs, playing each other. The pairings were then randomly drawn by Kenny Thomson.

Gordon Miller Viking or Leidang v Mal Gordon Carolingian Frankish

Frazer Watson Nikephorian Byzantine v John Preston Carolingian Frankish

Ian Beal Viking or Leidang v Rob Taylor Tuareg

John Muir Koryo Korean v George Dick Carolingian Frankish

Alan Cutner Early Arab v Stuart Livingston Norman or Frankish

David Burns Nikephorian Byzantine v Chris Proudfoot Tuareg

Bill Ramsay Arab Conquest v Keith Martin-Smith Tuareg

Hugh Cameron Lombard v Mike Kemp Merovingian Frankish

Graham Short Sui & Tang Chinese v Jim Copeland Pictish

Douglas Thomson Fatimid Egyptian v Hunter Hope Umayyad Arab

Bill Robertson Viking or Leidang v Bob Middlemist Abbasid Arab

Mark Taylor Thematic Byzantine v John Conley Zapotec & Mixtec

John McPhail Merovingian Frankish v Graeme Carroll Sui & Tang Chinese

Gary Lind Arab Conquest v Tony Robinson Thematic Byzantine

We also took possession of sets of acrylic Command Points tokens, one set for each player, consisting of a single marker with a General's mark and 5 different coloured ones for normal CPs. I'll try and post an image here, but there are images on the FDWC Facebook page.

These were generously donated by Martin at Warbases, and are available to order in a variety of colours should anyone else want some.

Some interesting match-ups, so let the pre-competition banter commence.......

Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 08, 2020 6:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I've failed miserably to get the image of the CP counters to work here, but below is a link to a fine photo of them -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217799091105355&set=gm.1280307735693474&type=3

If anyone fancies a set, give Warbases a shout - available in a myriad of colours!
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 18, 2020 9:31 am    Sujet du message: Sorry, but have to CANCEL Schiltron. Répondre en citant
Hi Guys,

As the message title says, we won't be running Schiltron this weekend. I have had a number of replies to the last email, those willing to play have been outnumbered by those who have heeded medical advice and/or have carer's responsibilities. We don't have the numbers to run it.

So, along with everyone else, we'll have to look for a free weekend at some point in future, hopefully the situation will have sorted itself into some sort of order by the end of the summer and we can try again.

Stay safe,

Cheers, Gary
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 15, 2020 10:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Guys,

Well, summer has come and gone, the restrictions are being reapplied and there is no realistic chance they will be relaxed enough this year to run this event, so it's officially cancelled. We'll be back in 2021, same theme. I'll post a new thread once we are in a position to confirm details.

Stay safe.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: