Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Yet another ZoC question.
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Sujet du message: Yet another ZoC question. Répondre en citant
Help with this one please -

------ Cool ---
-- Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ---

where - = space.
Cool HI
Embarassed MC

The MC are facing left in column, the HI are facing down and have the column of MC in ZoC, covering all 3 of the MC bases.
What can the MC do?
I wanted to turn the MC a quarter turn to the left, which leaves 2 of the MC in the ZoC and the third one out of the ZoC (due to the base depth of 30mm v the frontage of 40mm) - is this allowed?
My opponent quite rightly pointed out that the last, 3rd MC would have been moved out of the ZoC, which isn't one of the allowed movements in a ZoC.
I can't find it at the moment, but seem to remember something about inadvertently leaving a ZoC in either the FaQs or amendments.
Any thoughts gratefully received.
ps, we checked with our usual rules guru and he was unable to give a definitive answer and suggested this forum.
TIA
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 17, 2019 9:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As the so-called 'guru' (a term I'm sure most would agree is not applicable!) I felt the strict RAW had the front two cavalry pinned in place, but the rear cavalry could turn to face the HI and stay within the ZOC. However this just didn't feel right so I suggested putting it out to a wider audience.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 23, 2019 12:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am afraid you got your scarf wrapped around the axle. (Alan you have not sufficiently purged the barker-ism from your sub-conscious. You owe all involved a significant dram as punishment. I will take one too next time we meet)

There are a WHOLE host of options a few spring to mind. For the moment let's assume this is MC or MC bow.
(did you note the diagram in lower right p 34? also the green note above it which is exactly your situation?)

1 The MC group could turn and charge the HI and conform with two in support position.
2 The MC could turn and stare at the HI
3 The MC could turn and ride away retreating from a ZOC.
I have been presuming the HI was less that the base depth of an MC for above, but....
4 a single MC could turn to charge the turn that would dislodge others out of the ZOC would prevent them from moving (but not shooting, of that was a of value). Then when it contacted and conformed it would likely nudge the other and prevent it from moving. But hey they wouldn't be in the rout zone.
5 now if you were just at 40. the rear most MC could turn and probably have to contact and once it does the zoc is gone and the other two ride off merrily.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 23, 2019 8:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In my defence I was asked this question over the phone, while I was driving, no rulesbook to hand.

The diagram on P34 answers the question.
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ah, the page 34 section and diagram was what I was thinking off, but for some reason I had convinced myself that it was either in the FAQs or amendments.
It does indeed answer the exact question, thank you.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 27, 2019 2:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
In my defence I was asked this question over the phone, while I was driving, no rulesbook to hand.

The diagram on P34 answers the question.

Your defence is valid but you still owe me a scotch!
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 28, 2019 7:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
Your defence is valid but you still owe me a scotch!

I can accept that. Next time I see you. Though if you'd come to Sgian-Dubh this year all the competitors received a shot of single malt.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: