Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Charging question
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 02, 2019 11:15 pm    Sujet du message: Charging question Répondre en citant
This is a basic one but I cannot figure it out.

A unit of Light Cavalry Bow is 1 UD away from a facing unit of enemy Light Infantry. Behind the Light Infantry is a unit of Cataphracts which are not disordered.

LC

LI
CAT

May the Light Cavalry charge? If they do, and the Light Infantry evade this means they must go at least two UD and so they will contact the Cataphracts frontally which they are normally restricted from doing.

So may they:

1. Declare the charge and hit the Cats frontally if the LI evade.
2. Be prevented from charging as the light infantry evading could result in them hitting an opponent they are forbidden from contacting.
3. Declare a charge and if the LI elect to evade have the charge cancelled
4. Declare the charge and if the LI elect to evade move as much as they can and stop short of hitting the Cats
5. Something else I have not thought of

????
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 03, 2019 7:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
or...

6. Check the 5th paragraph, p40

Wink
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 03, 2019 7:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think it's 5! The Light Cav charge, the LI evade and the Cav stop 1 UD short of the catphracts. See P40, item 7, 5th para.

Edit: Beaten to it by Tim!
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 03, 2019 8:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As the LC start just 1UD from the LI they end up 2cm from the Cats. If they'd started within 1UD of the Cats they would they stop the classic 'gnats hair' from the Cats or not move at all?
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 03, 2019 2:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks to Tim and Kevin!

I had missed that definitive answer. I knew it had to be a considered issue.

For Alan - it looks to me as if they move 1/2 UD and stop 1 UD away from the Cats. (I was after all playing 25s that day)
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 03, 2019 9:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I believe the answer is in the FAQ at the top of p8:-

Citation:
Charging and the minimum move distance
Q: A LI wants to charge an enemy LI. However, if it charges it may come into contact with another heavier enemy that is less than 1 UD from it. Can it charge? If the enemy LI evades, can the charging LI stop before it has travelled the minimum distance of 1 UD?
A: In this case the LI cannot charge because it may contact a heavy troop and this contact is not allowed.

Here, since the cataphracts are a forbidden target for the LC (along with any steady heavier troops), they may not declare a charge where they cannot avoid contacting the cataphracts. 
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 04, 2019 12:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But this is if they were closer than the original poster suggested. But I think everyone has clarity now.

Ramses II a écrit:
I believe the answer is in the FAQ at the top of p8:-

Citation:
Charging and the minimum move distance
Q: A LI wants to charge an enemy LI. However, if it charges it may come into contact with another heavier enemy that is less than 1 UD from it. Can it charge? If the enemy LI evades, can the charging LI stop before it has travelled the minimum distance of 1 UD?
A: In this case the LI cannot charge because it may contact a heavy troop and this contact is not allowed.

Here, since the cataphracts are a forbidden target for the LC (along with any steady heavier troops), they may not declare a charge where they cannot avoid contacting the cataphracts. 

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: