Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
53 Republican Roman
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
MathomHouser
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 05, 2018 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: 53 Republican Roman Répondre en citant
Hail friends.

For an upcoming Anicent/Classical tournament, I'm looking to build or borrow an early Roman force. Choices are restricted to 49 Tullian Roman, 52 Camillan Roman or 53 Republican Roman.

53 Republican Roman appeals the most. I'm having some serious trouble with the special rules at the bottom of the list. I believe I can upgrade one whole Corps to Elite, even if doing so exceeds the usual limit on Elite units? In this case, I have upgraded all 3 of my Heavy Cavalry to Elite, instead of the usual 1. Is this right?

I figured I should maximise both armour and elite, and also try to match the historical composition described at the foot of the army list. 18 units feels very small!

Also, any comments you may have on my list as a whole. I'm a new player, having one game with Anglo-Danish under my belt!

Fortified Camp

Strategist
3x Heavy cavalry, Elite
2x Light cavalry javelin, Elite

Competent
1x Triarii: Heavy spearmen armour, Elite
2x Principes: Heavy swordsmen armour impact, Elite
2x Hastati: Heavy swordsmen armour impact
1x Velites: Light infantry javelin, Elite

Competent
1x Triarii: Heavy spearmen armour, Elite
2x Principes: Heavy swordsmen armour impact, Elite
2x Hastati: Heavy swordsmen armour impact
1x Velites: Light infantry javelin, Elite
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 05, 2018 6:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Your army is strong but too small. 18 bases it is not enough. You may play with 19 if your army is full mounted, as you have the possibilitiy to withdraw to rally your units. With heavy infantry you need at least 20-21 cohesion points
You may save points changing one competent general to brillant, move the strategiste to one of the legions and command your cav with an included ordinary general.
Only one cav has to be elite, the general's one. so you save 3 points for the included gen, 6 for the elite, so 9 .
You may also think about changing one of the 2 legion in ordinary/elite hastati/triarii to save more points and take some medium foot you can use in rough terrain or as 2nd line units.
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 05, 2018 9:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Only one legion can be Elite so your second corps will have Principes and Velites Ordinary (5 pts gain!)

The firts corps is not hitting hard, nor firing and evading, nor numerous enough... as only one Cav can be elite, this corps will be an easy target for any mounted corps.

I advise to maximise the légions, at 56 pts each that's 174 pts for 15 HI and 6 LI and a camp... use the 26 remaining points on commandement, or Elite, or supporting units, but your core is the légions.

You will have 22 units (or 1-2 more), with hard to kill and hard hitting units. The only weakness of this army is the flanks: if you're turned, it's very difficult to counter and you can be doomed (as in Cannae), but if you engage frontaly, with good terrain positioning, you will have the upper hand on almost any other historical opponent.
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 06, 2018 2:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The first corps is both not very capable and a terrible place to put the strategist.

Combine a minim force of mounted (2MC, 2LC) with a substantial force of legions under the strategist. Have a "micro" command of 1-2 legions+1LI under an included ordinary general.
davidr018
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 04, 2019 7:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:
Your army is strong but too small. 18 bases it is not enough. You may play with 19 if your army is full mounted, as you have the possibilitiy to withdraw to rally your units. With heavy infantry you need at least 20-21 cohesion points
You may save points changing one competent general to brillant, expert référencement Paris move the strategiste to one of the legions and command your cav with an included ordinary general.
Only one cav has to be elite, the general's one. so you save 3 points for the included gen, 6 for the elite, so 9 .
You may also think about changing one of the 2 legion in ordinary/elite hastati/triarii to save more points and take some medium foot you can use in rough terrain or as 2nd line units.

Really happy to read your news, it's been a while since I visit your site and I noticed that you have not posted news.
warlordNZ1
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 04, 2020 3:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi, I am another newcomer to the Republicans (List 53) and am also confused by the notes at the bottom.
If I have 3 Triarii does that mean I must have 12 Hastati and 6 Velites ? 192 points.

I have been running a command of 3 Triarii and the Elephant. Is this illegal ?
Thanks
Brian
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
warlordNZ1 a écrit:
Hi, I am another newcomer to the Republicans (List 53) and am also confused by the notes at the bottom.
If I have 3 Triarii does that mean I must have 12 Hastati and 6 Velites ? 192 points.

Thanks
Brian

There's a clarification in the FAQ document that explains that you don't need to use those ratios - its just "guidance" if you want to field a fully historical list.

So, you're fine Smile
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 05, 2020 4:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
warlordNZ1 a écrit:

Thanks
Brian

No, but not cleaver. As triarii and elephant don(t go at same speed, it cost 2 pip for each move. However, it's may be efficient to hold a wing.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: