Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Conforming question again
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 8:52 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
So your question is, I think, how is it adjudicated when in a charge two units would because of the ZOC rules be required to conform to the same target unit?

If that is right....

Yes, that's what I'm asking. In that situation V would conform to A and W, X and Y would logically conform to B, C and D although they would first enter the ZoCs of A, B and C respectively. This is what is shown in the diagram on Page 52. However, the "most threatening" clarification suggests that W also would be conforming to A (and X, Y and Z to B, C and D). Unless the understanding is that when V hits A, A's ZoC is no longer effective and W's most threatening opponent becomes B.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 9:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
kevinj a écrit:
I think that this is now clear, however there's an additional scenario that I'm unsure of. If there was another blue unit (V) to the left of W and the group charges the Red line, what happens? Clearly V would enter A's ZoC first and would contact it. Logically (and following the diagram on P53) the rest of the group would continue and W would conform to B and so on down the line. However, this contradicts the clarification regarding "most threatening" as clearly W would enter A's ZoC first. So which takes precedence here?

Now you really have got me confused. The two "clearly" sections underlined above can't both be true.
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 10:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hopefully this helps. As the line moves forward V enters A's ZoC. Then W will enter A's ZoC, making A W's most threatening opponent. Since both will hit A, which conforms to it? The shortest move would be for V to do so.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 10:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
kevinj a écrit:

Hopefully this helps. As the line moves forward V enters A's ZoC. Then W will enter A's ZoC, making A W's most threatening opponent. Since both will hit A, which conforms to it? The shortest move would be for V to do so.

It’s very simple:
1. For all units that start within charge range of the target group - move them forward into contact with the enemy respecting the ZoC rules. In this case both V and W will make contact with A, X will contact B, Y will contact C and Z will contact D.

2. Apply the conform rules by sliding units sideways by the shortest distance. In this case V conforms with A and so forth down the line with Z ending as a support for Y against D.

It’s very straightforward.
😬
kevinj
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 10:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
That's exactly how I think it should work, I was looking for clarification that this is the case and that the fact that a unit enters a ZoC first does not prevent it from ending in melee with a different unit. Essentially I'm looking to avoid any DBM style trickery where ZoCs are used to prevent contact where it should be straightforward.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 26, 2019 12:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
kevinj a écrit:

Thanks Kev. I was confused by the two "clearly ... firsts" rather than the sequence above.
IanS
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 19, 2019 5:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Can I ask what would happen if A was in another group? Aligned but with a gap between it and the next unit B.

This caused much confusion for us last week as you should not break up the group but you have to align. So should A align? Of course of they are impetuous then the group breaks but we could not see what would happen if they are not.

Thanks.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 19, 2019 9:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
@IanS
I don’t think it makes much difference in terms of the general process. Of course when conforming an equivalent gap will appear between V and W, thus splitting the reds into two groups. So what?

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: